Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby A not as big?!?!?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 7:00 PM
  • 14 Replies
I went to my regular check up today and my doctor discussed the ultrasound I had last week. My doctor said I need to go back in 4 weeks to check the growth of baby A. Apparently baby A is only in the 15th percentile for growth and baby B is in the 39 percentile. He said it could just be genetics but it could be that she's not growing properly. My doctor is also concerned I'm not gaining enough weight. I've gained 7 lbs throughout the whole pregnancy. I haven't had morning sickness or anything and I eat like crazy. now I am all worried and don't know what to do. I'm scared something is wrong.
Anyone had this happen? Or understand it?
Some background info: I am 19 weeks 3 days with twin girls who have their own sacs and placentas. These are babies 3 and 4 for me.
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaDulceVida
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 7:02 PM
I don't think twins are ever the same size. I thought there was always a smaller one. Good luck to you and I hope it all works out in your favor.
mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:19 PM
I just delivered twin girls in November and by 18 weeks I only gained 2lbs because I had bad all day sickness but ate like crazy when I could. At birth they were 5.5lbs and 5.13lbs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryMom2014
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:28 PM
My baby A is smaller than baby B. I think it's normal. They told me one twin is always smaller. Try not to worry.
lauren.m
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:48 PM
My baby A was 5lb 12oz 19in B was 5lb 13oz 19in. They said most of the time there is a size difference. I wouldn't be worried about it. As long as both are doing well there's not a big deal if they are different sizes. Congrats of babies :)
JunkYdMom
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:51 PM
My baby A was always smaller than baby B. My MFM and OB doctors weren't concerned because they were fraternal if they had been identical it could have became an issue. I'm not sure my weight at 19weeks but over all I gained 50 pounds. They were born at 37 weeks weighing 6.8lb and 7.4.
Good luck and try not to worry.
lillucky8
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:53 PM

i dont have experience with twins, so im not sure, but i dont think they are always the same size?

for eating, try adding more protein to your diet, and more good fats, like avacado, i cram all kinds of fruits and veggies and things into smoothies for my kids and you can't even taste them! :)

samsanders
by Samantha on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:01 AM
I've always heard one baby is smaller than the other. I'm not experienced with this though. I wouldn't worry too much! You're still early on and baby A can catch up really fast. GL
CutieCrab
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Hope everything turns out ok.

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Make sure you are eating enough and healthy, especially protein (eggs are an ideal pregnancy food). 

I know someone who had a problem where one twin was taking nutrients from the other despite separate placentas and sacs.  They monitored here very closely--to the point where it got to be a daily check.  They took the babies at around 34 weeks since one baby was fine and the other was not growing.  Both girls are wonderful, healthy 4 year olds now.

Good luck!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:30 PM
One is usually smaller than the other. Let us know what happens after the next appointment!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN