Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not technically due in July but...*PIC*

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM
  • 21 Replies

Mobile Photo

I'm due August 2nd with our 5th child, but will be having a repeat c-section towards the end of July.

We had this ultrasound at 14 weeks 5 days, and the tech seemed certain that baby is a BOY (which is what I have thought all along)!

However, after the ultrasoubd, while showing off my pics, someone told me that they weren't "convinced" that this is a boy! To me, it seemed so obvious...but the more I study this picture, I'm bothered by one thing...

See where the arrow points to the "penis"? And then directly under that, where the scrotum should be...Does. that not look like 3 lines (meaning GIRL)? I'm probably just paranoid but I can't stop thinking about this now!

What do you ladies think?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashleyx4
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Mobile Photo

Here's another! Thisone seems a little more convincing, I'm just worried that the "penis" could actually be part of the cord!
mommydew527
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I just replied to your other post that looks like a boy to me looks just like my ultrasound in 2008 here is the picture

lauren.m
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:08 PM
I'm one of those people who don't trust any gender u/s before 19-20 weeks. I've heard of them being wrong too many times. Good luck.
CutieCrab
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I guess you'll just after wait and see until you're further a long. :)

scraphappy12
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Will this be your 5th c section? We have 4 and my doctor said it was ok but I havnt known anyone who actually did so I was just curious :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briellesmomma
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM
I don't know. Looks like a fake ultrasound to me. Can't tell if anything is real on it.

Eh.
Ashleyx4
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Eh. It's actually a very real ultrasound. Definitely not the best of quality (and after paying $80, I'm not thrilled about that), but definitely real.

Quoting briellesmomma: I don't know. Looks like a fake ultrasound to me. Can't tell if anything is real on it.

Eh.
Ashleyx4
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM
This will be my 4th csection. I'm a nervous wreck! I had my son in 2006 (vaginally), and then 3 csections (2007, 2009, 2012). Thankfully, I've been pretty lucky, so far. I had a few problems during my second csection in 2009, but recovered fairly quickly. My last csection was actually probably my EASIEST! But something about this being my 4th...has me scared to death!

Good luck to you!

Quoting scraphappy12: Will this be your 5th c section? We have 4 and my doctor said it was ok but I havnt known anyone who actually did so I was just curious :)
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Because of the angle she took the picture from, my 20 week ultrasound gender shot actually looked a lot like your first one. He's still all boy as of three days ago! :) 

I can see the turtle in both pictures.

zandizane
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Looks just like my boy pics at 15wks with this baby. I'm now 28wks and he's still all boy lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)