Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby shower...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:01 PM
  • 22 Replies
I really want a baby shower.. or I guess just a diaper party to celebrate our second baby. But my mom is very against it because we had a baby shower with our first baby. She says you only have 1. I kept all of the bigger baby items from our first so I only need the small stuff and basics so I thought about just calling it a diaper party or baby sprinkle since we don't need a lot, just want to celebrate. But no matter what i say she doesnt want me to do it.. i have noone to throw me a diaper party either.. so do i just do it myself. Or go with her and just forget it?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CutieCrab
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Hmm.... How old is your other child?  I am having a baby shower but my son is 5.  I don't have anything!  I think a diaper party or sprinkle party would be awesome!!  People actually like these parties!!  I love going to parties, so I don't see the big deal in having a little get together with friends.

Maybe you can do it.  Or have a meet the baby party?  

esox
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM
If its just a sprinkle or diaper party I don't see an issue with organizing it yourself as long as its kept small.
bth.klh
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:38 PM
He is two next month. And yes, we just wanted to do something small..

Quoting CutieCrab:

Hmm.... How old is your other child?  I am having a baby shower but my son is 5.  I don't have anything!  I think a diaper party or sprinkle party would be awesome!!  People actually like these parties!!  I love going to parties, so I don't see the big deal in having a little get together with friends.

CutieCrab
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Then just invite a small group of people over to welcome the soon to be arrival of the baby. :)  I am sure many people wouldn't mind if you had a baby shower.  Some poeple like them. :) I like them. :)  I would throw you a baby shower, just because I like doing them. Hahaha. :)

Quoting bth.klh: He is two next month. And yes, we just wanted to do something small..

Quoting CutieCrab:

bth.klh
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha thank you. I thibk that's what we are going to do is just have a small get together.. I just wish my mom wasn't so against it.

Quoting CutieCrab:

Then just invite a small group of people over to welcome the soon to be arrival of the baby. :)  I am sure many people wouldn't mind if you had a baby shower.  Some poeple like them. :) I like them. :)  I would throw you a baby shower, just because I like doing them. Hahaha. :)

Quoting bth.klh: He is two next month. And yes, we just wanted to do something small..

Quoting CutieCrab:

LoveMyBug2013
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Your mom is right.  A shower is a party to welcome you to motherhood.  You are already a mother, so you are not new to the club this time.  Throwing it yourself is especially tacky "Hey everyone, give me stuff!"

Every child should be celebrated, but the best way to do it is to have a "meet-the-baby" party after the baby gets here. 

Keda84
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't believe in one baby shower every baby should be celebrated! It's not about getting stuff but coming to celebrate something wonderful!
bth.klh
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I think. Its about celebrating thw new pregnancy and baby to come.

Quoting Keda84: I don't believe in one baby shower every baby should be celebrated! It's not about getting stuff but coming to celebrate something wonderful!
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM

I was thinking the same as your mom, wasn't sure if this baby would have a shower or not... My son will be 6.5 by the time this baby is born..

MIL called me one day and said something like "As soon as we know the gender we can plan a shower!"  I told her I wasn't sure if we would have one.. She yelled at me LOL. Pretty much said no way on earth is this grand baby not having a shower lol. 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Baby #2 is on the way:-

baby development

Devious103102
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM

If you want it then go for it.  Personally I think it's something that should be done FOR you but if you really want one I don't see the issue of it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)