Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the difference between implantation cramping and ovulation cramps? Did you know when you conceived?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:52 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hey All, 

So my periods are a bit irregular, I usually start anywhere between 33-35 days. First day of the last cycle was Jan 30th and ended Feb. 3rd. From the 10th - 12th my libido was through the roof, I mean CRAZY off the charts. We were rabbits for those days and I still wanted more, I couldn't keep my hands off him! I occasionally want it other times during the month, but not like that, it was insane. ANYWHO, I checked my cervix during that time, and I think on the 11th it felt softer and more open and whatnot. I couldn't tell if I had the "egg whites" thing happening because I was ovulating or because I was just insanely turned all like crazy that whole time frame, but it was there. I also thought I felt a little cramping on my right ovary side on the 10th. So to me, it seemed like signs of ovulation, but I'm not really sure. 

Anyway, yesterday and today it seems like I've had a lot of milky white "stuff" and today I've had a consistent crampy/achy feeling still on the right side, even though the sex drive has lessened a bit and the " sticky egg white" stuff isn't there. 

Do you get implantation cramping or is it just implantation bleeding? Would it implant that quickly? I've also had terrible restless leg syndrome. I read somewhere that could be a subtle sign, but I don't know if my body would be reacting that quickly, would it? 

Is it possible I could have ovulated then? How quickly did YOU start seeing pregnancy signs? Did you know when you conceived? 

THANKS! 

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't cramp during either. implantation usually takes an average of 6 - 12 days after ovulation. Symptoms won't start until hcg has built up which is usually about 3 days after implantation.
Hope that helps.

With my first I just knew I was pg but wasn't charting anything. I got my bfp 5 days before af was due. I had zero symptoms with #2  and #3 until my positive test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't know at the time it was implantation but after I found out I was pregnant I realized what it was
it was 10dpo (days past ovulation) so it was a day or two before my period was going to start at the time I thought it was just cramps starting early.
For me they were different though...much sharper and in my side rather than the achy feeling in my lower abdomen...it felt almost like when you run too much and get a stitch in your side and it lasted a day and then was gone.
I started spotting the next day and assume it was my period starting but when 2 days later it was still just spotting and not a flow I tested and got a very faint positive.

So I implanted at 10dpo and got a very very faint positive at 13dpo and got a positive on a digital test at 15dpo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)