Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Awkward silence

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM
  • 21 Replies
Talking to my FIL and he asked what were naming our child. We have this long conversation before hand. I tell him the name and he says "for sure?" I said yes, we love the name. He never writes back.

He knows we like non traditional names. And no we won't change them because someone else doesn't like them.

Our sons are
-Austin, Knox and Devon

New baby will be Lincoln. Regardless of sex.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just-looney
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Neat, I love all your names!
meagan517
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Thanks : ) he named his kids Robert and Brian so I guess he likes traditional names lol

Quoting Just-looney: Neat, I love all your names!
thurstensmom
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

we like "non-traditional names too...we have a Thursten, and Scarlet...still thinking about this one??? Love your names! Don't let him get to you...some one is always a "critic"

JacknJill
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I love every one of those names. And actually they really aren't all that "non traditional" I know a few Austin's. Pssshhh on peoples opinions! :)
meagan517
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Yeah I didn't think Austin was too out of the box but Knox was. Lincoln Adelle or Lincoln Kane will be this babies name

Quoting JacknJill: I love every one of those names. And actually they really aren't all that "non traditional" I know a few Austin's. Pssshhh on peoples opinions! :)
CountryMom2014
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
If we have g/g twins, we're naming them:
Alice Mea Madeline Orlando
Caroline Anne Macy Orlando
Yep. AMMO and CAMO. My FIL hates the idea of those names. Our boy names picked out are all city names, since our last name is Orlando. So like Dallas Austin and such. I like the names you picked. I think they're fantastic.
Carolynishappy
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I love that name!!

*^*Carolyn*^* 

Larsbug
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

there will always be critics

Gilli13
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Love those names! Its rude that he acted that way but its your (and dhs) decision! :)
Gilli13
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:17 PM
I absolutely LOVE that!! So cute!

Quoting CountryMom2014: If we have g/g twins, we're naming them:

Alice Mea Madeline Orlando

Caroline Anne Macy Orlando

Yep. AMMO and CAMO. My FIL hates the idea of those names. Our boy names picked out are all city names, since our last name is Orlando. So like Dallas Austin and such. I like the names you picked. I think they're fantastic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)