Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon is too soon?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:38 PM
  • 16 Replies

So, after almost 10 years of marriage we finally got pregnant. Unfortunately it was not meant to be and I had a miscarriage at the beginning of this month. Even though it was early on, we are devastated. We still want to try for a child and although I feel guilty for not waiting longer, we would like to try sooner rather than later. In your opinion, how soon is too soon and it is a recipe for just another heartache by trying too soon? 

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ramalamasp
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I would wait at least two months, just to give your body some recovery time. We waited 7 months after our miscarriage to try again, starting last month, and I am pregnant already.

SweetPoison
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually trying to have a baby soon after miscarriage is a very good idea. You're more likely to end up getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy.

My friend had been trying for years to get pregnant and she had a devastating loss at 10 weeks pregnant and they Dr. told her to try again as soon as the bleeding stopped and she wasn't in pain because she was most fertile. Sure enough 2-3 weeks post-miscarriage they did the deed and a few months later announced they were expecting again. They are now proud parents to a beauitful 3 year little girl!

Pregancy after miscarriage is very very difficult and exhausting. You worry constantly if everything is going  to be ok. As much as it hurts and it's painful You just have to breath. Keep it hush hush for a while till your past 12weeks! Good Luck mommy and I am very sorry for you're heartache. I am a miscarriage survior and I just found I am pregnant again. if you ever need someone to talk to I am here :)

cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:59 PM
I'd try right after as soon as I got my first period after my mc we started again and I got pregnant 4konths later I'm now 27wks after two mc, so sorry for your loss.
Bump2b
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:03 PM
I fell pregnant within weeks of my miscarriage, I didn't get a period & am now 16 weeks and everything is going great. Though it was a natural early miscarriage (5.5 weeks) so it will depend on your situation. My Doctor advised to wait a month but admitted that was more for emotional reasons to have time to deal with it.
Tenderheart3
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Personally it would be too emotionally painful to try right away.  I would give myself a few months, but everyone is different.  If you feel like emotionally and physically your body is ready to handle it, then go right ahead.

BeccaCA
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Thank you ladies! It is a difficult time so all the advice is very much appreciated.

lillucky8
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:05 PM
I hope you find the best answer for you and your husband :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Everyone feels differently about it. My firs time I had a miscarriage, I was not ready for 6 months. After my second miscarriage I was ready a month later. After our third it's been a over a year and I'm ready but hubby isn't just yet. It also depends on what your Dr says and when your body is ready. After my third miscarriage it took 6 months for my body to get back to normal.

thependers6
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:27 PM

We started immediately after our first miscarriage and got pregnant a year later. Miscarried again and got pregnant a month later to go on and have a beautiful healthy young boy! Now....seven months later WE'RE PREGNANT AGAIN!!! YAY!! It's all about YOU and what YOU"RE comfortable with! So...if you miscarried very early on, it's safe to try again immediately. It's just what you want. 

ladybugchar
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:29 PM
You are most fertile after you give birth or have a mc. We have had a mc between every healthy pregnancy we have had. Give it how ever long you feel you need. And go for it. I wish you luck!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)