Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excuse me, but how should I do this?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:38 PM
  • 22 Replies
My name is Luna and I have an issue. I am about seven weeks pregnant, not sure how far exactly haven't been to a doctor. The father of my baby, who I had been seeing for about 3 years, recently passed away. I know I will have to tell his father and brothers, but I'm scared to. I know his younger brother will probably not take things well. He seems to be dealing with this harder than anyone else. He is only 12. I also have a fear of his father taking this baby from me. It's crazy, I know. I really don't know how to tell them.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I would ask for a sit down with them and tell them, you are pregnant and whether or not you want them to be involved? Since you want to tell them I am assuming you do?  Just tell them you want them to be there for the child as much as they feel comfortable and you will keep them updated with things. 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Baby #2 is on the way:-

baby development

LunaArc
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:44 PM
I do want them to be involved, if they want to. I think they have that right.

Quoting iHEAVENn:

I would ask for a sit down with them and tell them, you are pregnant and whether or not you want them to be involved? Since you want to tell them I am assuming you do?  Just tell them you want them to be there for the child as much as they feel comfortable and you will keep them updated with things. 

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Good :) Let them know that. I hope it all works out hun :) 

Quoting LunaArc: I do want them to be involved, if they want to. I think they have that right.

Quoting iHEAVENn:

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Baby #2 is on the way:-

baby development

LunaArc
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Thank you.

Quoting iHEAVENn:

Good :) Let them know that. I hope it all works out hun :) 

Quoting LunaArc: I do want them to be involved, if they want to. I think they have that right.

Quoting iHEAVENn:

nicoal4
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Why do you feel like they would take the baby. Are you at odds with them , are you having a hard time supporting your self?

MamAshley4
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:48 PM
You sound young, and scared...dont be afraid of his family...they will probablt cobsider the baby a blessing that he left behind...be the best mom u can be!
LunaArc
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:52 PM
We get along pretty well. I'm just scared that because it is his son's, his dad will want it with him and not me. Not that I won't love or cherish it.

Quoting nicoal4:

Why do you feel like they would take the baby. Are you at odds with them , are you having a hard time supporting your self?

LunaArc
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:53 PM
I am scared! I never thought I would be in this position. I hope no on does!

Quoting MamAshley4: You sound young, and scared...dont be afraid of his family...they will probablt cobsider the baby a blessing that he left behind...be the best mom u can be!
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:54 PM
They cant take you baby without taking you to court and proving your an unfit mother.
Take a deep breath, schedule your appointment with your doctor. Make sure things are going well, then sit down and tell the family.
Larsbug
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:54 PM

they have no claim to the child...you are the mother, and unless you are unfit, they can't take it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)