Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

New 10 week blood test

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:09 AM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone done this 10 week blood test that also tells the gender plus test for disorders. My doc told me this new test is more accurate then other tests down the road for possible problems. Also the gender prediction is more accurate then the 20 week ultrasound gender screening. I'm thinking about getting this she did warn me that insurance probably will not cover it and it will be around $1500. Anyone have any expierence with this?

by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommietwobe
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Wow $1,500 is slot for a test that cost cheaper in 10 more weeks. They make it sound great but then in end smack you with a hefty price.
Shorty6160
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Quoting mommietwobe: Wow $1,500 is slot for a test that cost cheaper in 10 more weeks. They make it sound great but then in end smack you with a hefty price.

I agree but I hate waiting 

mommietwobe
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:22 AM
If you have that type of money I say go for it. Though think of what $1,500 could buy for the baby!!

Quoting Shorty6160:

Quoting mommietwobe: Wow $1,500 is slot for a test that cost cheaper in 10 more weeks. They make it sound great but then in end smack you with a hefty price.

I agree but I hate waiting 

samsanders
by Samantha on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:32 AM
I personally wouldn't spend that kind of money. And no matter what the gender could still be wrong in the end. Just not worth it to me. But if you want go for it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN