Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

cholestasis??

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:47 PM
  • 4 Replies
For those who have had it, what was your itching like? I srarted itching last night and it's continued throughout the day. It honestly feels like bugs are crawling on me! Ick! I called l&d and the nurse said just to wait it out until my appt on Wednesday and ask my ob...
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:43 PM
I'm sprry. I've never had it but I hear that it's miserable. Good luck!
thependers6
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Oh. My. God. I am so so so so so sorry that if you have it you have to go thru it. It's TERRIBLE! I've never been more miserable in my entire life. I had it with my first two pregnancies and it was awful. The itching was so intense I would scratch til I bled. I couldn't sleep EVER. The only thing that helped was when I was 27 weeks pregnant with my second son I was admitted to the hospital for PPROM and they gave me steroids to help his lungs develop. For a couple of days after my shots I would get some relief but that was it. Thankfully I ended up giving birth to him early. I hate to say that because he was SO EARLY but I couldn't stand the itching anymore. I seriously almost went crazy. And NOTHING else helped. I tried nearly everything. I am so sorry momma. Hang in there, it's not forever that's all I can tell you because I'm not going to sit here and lie. It's horrible. 

leebles
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 12:18 AM

My sister had PUPPS when pregnant with my nephew and found cool oatmeal baths to provide a little itch relief.

I hope they give you some relief on Wednesday.

zandizane
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 12:18 AM
I'm really hoping I don't have it but I'm afraid I might. My ob started me on 17p shots to try and prevent preterm labor but never asked me if I had liver problems in the past. I've been battling high enzymes since the summer because of high thyroid. I googled 17p shots and itching and was shocked

Quoting thependers6:

Oh. My. God. I am so so so so so sorry that if you have it you have to go thru it. It's TERRIBLE! I've never been more miserable in my entire life. I had it with my first two pregnancies and it was awful. The itching was so intense I would scratch til I bled. I couldn't sleep EVER. The only thing that helped was when I was 27 weeks pregnant with my second son I was admitted to the hospital for PPROM and they gave me steroids to help his lungs develop. For a couple of days after my shots I would get some relief but that was it. Thankfully I ended up giving birth to him early. I hate to say that because he was SO EARLY but I couldn't stand the itching anymore. I seriously almost went crazy. And NOTHING else helped. I tried nearly everything. I am so sorry momma. Hang in there, it's not forever that's all I can tell you because I'm not going to sit here and lie. It's horrible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN