Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant and hubby family don't know

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok so am 13 weeks today and I haven't told my husband family yet. My mother In law was so sick and now she's gone I tried to tell her when we where at the hospital but they wouldn't let me see her:( now we are planning a funeral and his family doesn't know of me being pg. I had hid it from them due to everything that went on with my mother in law :( when will it be a good time to tell them am already showing:(

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshCH
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Im so sorry for your loss, id maybe wait until after the funeral. So you and his family dont relate such a sad day to such a happy announcement, I dont know if that sounds selfish but giving them and yourself some time to grieve is what I would do. Again, im sorry!♥
lovebugs_mom906
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:10 PM
My sister died when I was 11 weeks pregnant, her funeral was just before 12 weeks. I hadn't told anyone about the baby yet. My family started figuring it out since we spent all week together. My mom finally cornered me the night of the service and flat out asked me lol. I think it was a way for people to find a little joy, in spite of everything that happened.

You know the family best. I wanted to wait for the dust to settle before announcing, but it came out sooner. Are you close with his family? When does your husband feel you guys should announce?
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this

in death, there is sometimes life and maybe the joy of your pregnancy can relieve them of some of the grief they will be feeling.

ramalamasp
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:36 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. I have't told anyone yet, but we won't be telling Dh's family for a while. His mother is not a very nice lady, and she hates me. She won't be happy about us having another baby. He's also got a sister who is infertile and was happy when our last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. I don't want her to know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:38 AM
I would start with your husband and go from there:) good luck!
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:02 AM

You might want to just let it happen organically (not say anything, see if anyone notices). 

real-jen
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Thank you everyone for ur replys we didn't tell the family yet he only told one brother that has always been there for him but he told him not to say anything. I cover myself with a sweater for no one will notice. We will just let it be until they figure it out. I am close to the family but we just can't seem to tell :(

MammaKoi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Wow, I was 13wks exact too on Wed. Just let things happen naturally. When you feel its the right time, tell them. I am however Very sorry for your loss and the family's loss.  

real-jen
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Thank you everyone I just posted on Facebook and they found out. They like my picture and said they knew something was up, but I haven't seen them face to face.

yoshiki56
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Pregnancy is a good new ! I will say make announcement at the post furneral meal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)