Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who's had a tubal ligation with c-section?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:21 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hi ladies! I'm currently just shy of 26 weeks. I'm going to be turning 34 and my husband is turning 37. We have one son who just turned 3 and our baby girl is set to arrive on May 28th via scheduled c-section. We've decided that this will be our final baby and have been looking into more permanent birth control methods. I talked with my OB at my last appointment and it sounds like a tubal ligation right after my c-section seems like the most logical choice. She described the procedure as super quick and easy and though that it only caused a bit more pain during recovery.

I was just curious who else has had their tubes tied during their c-section and how was your recovery? We're you happy with your choice or do you wish you would have had your hubby get a vasectomy?

by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prncesspeach
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I had mine tied while i had my last baby & it was a scheduled c section like yours. Its true that the recovery is just a little worse because when i had mine tied my sides hurt. So not only was i dealing with my incision my sides were acting up because i got tied. but for me it didn't hurt too bad. just kinda sore. i don't regret my decision but i get kinda sad that there won't be any more babies lol
brigoodwin
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Thanks for the input :) That's what my OB said, your sides hurt a bit more, she said maybe more burning than pain? I had a c-section with my son, so I feel like I'm a bit more prepared for what I'm facing recovery wise, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't in for something more intense. It's going to be summer and my goal is to take it easy but at the same time i want to be able to get out and enjoy the weather and activities with my son :)

amnewlon8982
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a tubal with my last and final c-section. I have 2g1b. It was the best decision I could have made, birth control wise.
prncesspeach
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:43 AM
I had it in August lol. THE hottest month ever! it should be ok as long as you take it easy & have people to lend a helping hand. it sucked for me leaving the hospital because i brought a pair of shorts that were a couple sizes too big because i wanted to be comfy while i recovered. turns out they didn't fit me lol so all i had was jammie pants to wear out in public. i felt like a slob

Quoting brigoodwin:

Thanks for the input :) That's what my OB said, your sides hurt a bit more, she said maybe more burning than pain? I had a c-section with my son, so I feel like I'm a bit more prepared for what I'm facing recovery wise, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't in for something more intense. It's going to be summer and my goal is to take it easy but at the same time i want to be able to get out and enjoy the weather and activities with my son :)

prncesspeach
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I meant because i was swollen after my surgery lol I'm not awake yet

Quoting prncesspeach: I had it in August lol. THE hottest month ever! it should be ok as long as you take it easy & have people to lend a helping hand. it sucked for me leaving the hospital because i brought a pair of shorts that were a couple sizes too big because i wanted to be comfy while i recovered. turns out they didn't fit me lol so all i had was jammie pants to wear out in public. i felt like a slob

Quoting brigoodwin:

azn_ladie82
by Melissa on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I too, plan on getting a tubal after my c-section. Do you know how your OB will do the procedure? My OB mentioned that she likes to use the clips instead of tying.

This is my 4th child and first girl- I am so done being pregnant. Lol!

brigoodwin
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Quoting azn_ladie82:

I too, plan on getting a tubal after my c-section. Do you know how your OB will do the procedure? My OB mentioned that she likes to use the clips instead of tying.

She said that she will fold over the tub and then suture it? If that makes sense, LOL!! The way she described it, it sounded pretty simple and she said it would only take like two minutes. Then she said that I would feel more burning and a little soreness higher up on my sides for the recovery. She just said, be 100% SURE you don't want more kids, LOL! I'm not the best at being pregnant so I'm pretty confident in this decision :) When are you due? 

brigoodwin
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Quoting prncesspeach: I meant because i was swollen after my surgery lol I'm not awake yet

Quoting prncesspeach: I had it in August lol. THE hottest month ever! it should be ok as long as you take it easy & have people to lend a helping hand. it sucked for me leaving the hospital because i brought a pair of shorts that were a couple sizes too big because i wanted to be comfy while i recovered. turns out they didn't fit me lol so all i had was jammie pants to wear out in public. i felt like a slob

Quoting brigoodwin:

I was SO swollen after my first c-section. My feet and legs were horrible. Then when they finally went down I thought they looked like skeleton feet, LOL!

azn_ladie82
by Melissa on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:11 PM
April 22nd but I hope sooner. My husband leaves next month for a new job and I won't see him til late June :-/

Quoting brigoodwin:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

She said that she will fold over the tub and then suture it? If that makes sense, LOL!! The way she described it, it sounded pretty simple and she said it would only take like two minutes. Then she said that I would feel more burning and a little soreness higher up on my sides for the recovery. She just said, be 100% SURE you don't want more kids, LOL! I'm not the best at being pregnant so I'm pretty confident in this decision :) When are you due? 

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I too and pretty sure that I will be getting a tubal with my next c-section... when and if I get pregnant again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured