Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What can I expect?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM
  • 19 Replies
Okay ladies, I found out I'm pregnant last Wednesday and I have my first appointment tomorrow morning! So so exciting (hoping I'll be able to sleep tonight). What can I expect from the first appointment? I should be around 4.5 weeks! Thank you so much for any input! (:
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I only went once that early to see my midwife. It was because I had a miscarriage 6 months before that. This appointment was to see how I was feeling and doing. Things I could try and do to relax and know she is there for any phones I may need or to see her again before our next appointment.

lauren.m
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
At my first they did my yearly pap and just filled out a bunch of paperwork and gave me papers on what to expect at upcoming appointments also gave approved meds list and list of unsafe food.
Congrats and good luck!!!
MrsHietala
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Yeah I miscarried 4 months ago at around 5 weeks and 6 days. I hadn't gone to my first appointment by then because there was no concern. But this new obgyn wants me in tomorrow. Hoping this first appointment goes well!!!

Quoting Raeann11:

I only went once that early to see my midwife. It was because I had a miscarriage 6 months before that. This appointment was to see how I was feeling and doing. Things I could try and do to relax and know she is there for any phones I may need or to see her again before our next appointment.

MrsHietala
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Thank you so much! I appreciate it! (:

Quoting lauren.m: At my first they did my yearly pap and just filled out a bunch of paperwork and gave me papers on what to expect at upcoming appointments also gave approved meds list and list of unsafe food.

Congrats and good luck!!!
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had two miscarriages before this pregnancy so when I got my positive test my doctor sent me for blood work first and then had me come in for my appt. I skipped the pelvic exam because I didn't want any internal disturbance so they just did a breast exam, went over my blood work and asked a lot of questions.
CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

They may do an ultrasound.  You'll fill out  alot of paper work. 

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

First appt is normally paperwork and blood work. 

Music5150
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

For me it was paperowrk, blood work and a pelvic exam and then she asked me how I was doing because I had a miscarriage in September. But everything went well and CONGRATS!!!! I bet it will be a great appointment. The Ultrasound will be your favorite part...made me cry like a baby. 

Mrs.Smith080808
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My first apt was a complete physical (but it had been a long time since I had one).  The Dr I saw at walk in a week before that had already ordered my prenatal blood work so we went over that and I had my ultra sound the day before to date me (although the ultrasound put me at 8 weeks and the dr said I was probably colser to 10 because of the size of my uterus when he was doing the pelvic exam).  My Dr asked me a few questions and then had me reschedule for about a month later so I can get my results and then he is going to refer me to the Maternity Clinic here in town.  I am hoping he will schedule another ultra sound, it would be nice to actually know how far along I am.

TS9509
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a ultrasound to get an EDD, blood work, yearly pap, gave me tons of stuff to read and look over. Answered any questions I had as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)