Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Shower Question

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:02 AM
  • 23 Replies

Should I start planning my baby shower or should I wait and let someone offer to do it? Does it matter?

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samsanders
by Samantha on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:07 AM
How far along are you? If you're still early then I would definitely wait. If you're getting close and no one has stepped up to do it then planning your own might be your only option.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:42 AM

doesnt matter but generally someone else does it for you.

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:48 AM

it's up to you.  personally, if no one threw me one, i wouldn't plan one for myself but that's just me.

SuperMom0614
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:18 AM

I'm at 28 wks. I was just wondering what other moms would do. Thanks. I'm a single mom with a 7 yr old and a single job and don't have anything for the new baby yet. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. I may get surprised. Who knows. My mom planned my first one. She may do it for this one too. 

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this

It's actually pretty rude and tacky to throw your own shower.  Hey, look at me.  Give me gifts. 

A shower is generally a present that someone else gives you to welcome you into the fold of motherhood.  It's not a requirement of being pregnant. 

Mrswalker2012
by Erica on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Well I don't have anyone throwing me one so I'm doing a little lunch at a restaurant because I don't really care for those boring games. I wasn't going to throw one but I've had 3 friends ask, plus I don't have many friends and no family where I live.
BeccaBabyy
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Both ? Lol
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM

If you want to plan something, maybe not call it a shower and just call it a get together before baby if you feel awkward.  I know some feel like the mom-to-be shouldn't host it, but I think all babies should be celebrated.  So, go ahead and celebrate.  I know I never have a get together in honor of my baby expecting gifts rather I want to celebrate the new life.

You could talk with your mom to see what she is thinking too. 

pinklovesnore
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 28 weeks too, and I have a dd 8, so I don't have anything left from her, and I also was considering throwing my own shower. i dont have much of anything for this lil guy yet! Like you my mom threw my first, but I don't think she's going to do my second. And nobody's brought up the topic of having a shower.
I have decided to just go ahead and do it myself. Every baby should be celebrated reguardless of who's hosting it.
Dh and I are on a tight budget, but I'd still be able to make finger foods and provide beverages. I'm just figuring out what's going to be the most affordable route for us.
So I say go ahead and do your own shower.

Quoting SuperMom0614:

I'm at 28 wks. I was just wondering what other moms would do. Thanks. I'm a single mom with a 7 yr old and a single job and don't have anything for the new baby yet. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. I may get surprised. Who knows. My mom planned my first one. She may do it for this one too. 

Hopen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I would wait, if that's an option! It kind of takes the fun out of it if you plan your own...I didn't know anything about either of mine, other than time/date. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured