Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone have a strong feeling your having twins?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:11 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm 11 weeks pregnant from LMP and still don't see my new obgyn until March 3rd! I have had 4 previous pregnancies and this one feels so different. I'm sick yet need to eat every 2 hrs and my uterus is now about 1 1/2-2in below my high belly button. Shocking! I was this size at 15 weeks with my last baby. I feel occasional flutters, have pressure and a full feeling likei need to empty my uterus (if it were a bladder lol). I have a fetal doppler and I always know exactly where the heartbeat (or should I say heartbeats) will be found because I can feel lumps or firmer areas on my uterus. I can find 2 heartbeats every single time. I have to be crazy! Right?
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no experience with twins, but here's a bump!

samsanders
by Samantha on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
No idea! Bump!
MikeysMom22
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:25 PM

No idea about twins but here is BUMP!

MissJordy
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:14 PM

BUMP!

tsmcconnell
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Bump
Just-looney
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Wow, I'm not sure. I'm 11 weeks with twins and am to big for my regular pants. I haven't tried a doppler (the doc does US to check heartbeats). My uterus is almost to my belly button. I've had morning sickness since 4 weeks, all day and all night, but I have to eat every couple hours also. It is possible, and would be cool. Twins don't run in my family, but I turned 30 in September so my age is probably why.
kajira
by Emma on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I had a feeling I was having twins, and it was confirmed at my 6.5 week ultra sound and i've been measuring 4-6 weeks a head the entire time. ;)

kajira
by Emma on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Also if your doppler is picking up to seperate heart beats above 120 - you probably ARE having twins. My twins are in different places too and pretty easy to tell which one is which.

baby on my left is always by my cervix, and baby on my right ranges from my hip to my belly button depending on the day.

tsmcconnell
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Oh my gosh I'm so nervous! We would jump from 5 to 7! Y husband is hopeing our suspicions are correct. Congrats on your twins!

Quoting kajira:

Also if your doppler is picking up to seperate heart beats above 120 - you probably ARE having twins. My twins are in different places too and pretty easy to tell which one is which.

baby on my left is always by my cervix, and baby on my right ranges from my hip to my belly button depending on the day.

tsmcconnell
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:12 PM
I'm so nervous. I to have been sick since 4 wks. I felt round ligament pain from 4 weeks, too. Eating then feeling sick then starving again is such a vicious cycle as you know! Never like this with my other pregnancies. I knew I was pregnant before my bfp and I had the most painful ovulation ever 8 days later than expected and one month prior I had an early mc/chemical. Only had 3 periods since my dd was born April of 2012 due to nursing. Congratulations on your babies! And thank u for the reply.

Quoting Just-looney: Wow, I'm not sure. I'm 11 weeks with twins and am to big for my regular pants. I haven't tried a doppler (the doc does US to check heartbeats). My uterus is almost to my belly button. I've had morning sickness since 4 weeks, all day and all night, but I have to eat every couple hours also. It is possible, and would be cool. Twins don't run in my family, but I turned 30 in September so my age is probably why.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)