Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How Long Did It Take You to Get Pregnant with 1st and 2nd?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM
  • 25 Replies

How long did it take you to get pregnant with your 1st and then with your 2nd? Were you on birth control before the first or 2nd? It took me about 4 months to get pregnant with the first after being on BC for 10 years we are going to be trying again starting in about a month (my daughter will be 7 months) and I have been on the low estrogen BC for breastfeeding for the past 5 months and then will be on the regular horomone birth control for 1 month before trying.

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilcutie79
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:07 PM

with my 1st one i got pregnant about 2 weeks after hubby and i started dating, that was 15 years ago and i was not on birth control. My 2nd i got pregnant a month after i stopped birth control that i was on for 5 years. This one took 9 months to get prgnant after i stopped birth control that i was on for 8 years.

katfeces
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:26 PM
I was on a high estrogen birth control for 4 years.I stopped taking it November 27th 2012 and didn't get pregnant for 13 months after. I am now 13w6d with my first. :)
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:08 PM

1st 2 1/2 weeks and 2nd one time - We used condoms with our first before we tried for 6 months. Before that I was on the pill. After getting pregnant and having a miscarriage. I decided to get off of it and let my body heal. With our second we use diaphragm and condoms.

angeleyes16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:09 PM

My first was unplanned, my second, (planned), took just one month. 

missbritt22
by Brittany on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM
My first was totally unplanned and I was on the depo shot. After I had him I got the mirena iud, had it in for about 7 months until we decided to have another, then it took one try to get preggo with my second. It took my try to get preggo with this baby too, I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow :)
JessicaTaylor19
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:16 PM
I hadn't taken birth control for over a year and my husband and I have never had protected axe we wanted a baby.... We got together in February thought we were pregnant in May and we were devastated and after three months of trying and no success we wrot babies off because my oldest sister can't have kids my second sister can the third can't the fourth can and we thought it was a pattern lol sorry for the rambling..... So we were surprised to find out after three weeks of me being horribly sick and having to go to the ER that we were expecting I found out in sept and we are trying for our second now:) good luck to u
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:16 PM
I got pg right away with my first. I had been off the pill for about 4 months. My second took 3 cycles BUT I was also trying Shettles for a girl so that contributed since we had to stop having sex a few days before ovulation. I did not go back on the pill between 1 and 2. My current pg took 4 cycles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosehawk
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I was on Trilevelen (or generic) with # 1 and #2. I got pregnant within 3 months of stopping the pill both times. I was on Depo for 4.5 years between #2 and this one. It took us 2 years to conceive.

My kids will be 10 and 7 when this one comes.

CafeMom Tickers
Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:44 PM

1st- I was on bc and went off. Got pregnant by 3 months of trying.

2nd-I had an IUD in for 18months. Took it out and got pregnant the first time we had sex.

3rd-We were using condoms on top of nursing.  I got pregnant using condoms.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

gingerprincess
by Kat on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:51 PM
My first two weren't planned...but it took us 6 months this time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)