Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Preeclampsia.. I'm being induced **We're okay!!! Pictures posted!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:15 PM
  • 124 Replies
3 moms liked this

I'm in week 38 and have just been diagnosed with severe preeclampsia. I honestly thought this would never happen to me.. My entire pregnancy has been perfect & super healthy. I barely even have any symptoms.. I'm not swollen/ puffy at all, no headaches, occasionally I'll see spots but only if I cough or sneeze.
Now I'm laying in a hospital bed attached to all these crazy things and beginning the induction process. I wanted a completely natural birth, this is so far from anything I wanted. I feel lost and scared. :'(

EDIT:
3:15 March 1st.. I have not made enough progress with the induction, things have barely changed. The preeclampsia is getting severely worse. I can barely move because my liver is being effected harshly.. I'm in a lot of pain, none of it has been contractions. I can't fall asleep due to pain andI'm not allowed to eat. I keep throwing up & can't stop shivering...
If things don't change soon my doctor wants to talk csection.

7:10 March 1st... I was able to stop puking, and allowed to eat a fruit tray. up until now they had been using cystotec to induce. After my fruit tray settles they are starting me on petocin.

March 7th update!

I am so sorry to have left you all hanging.  I started feeling pretty drugged up and out of it after my last post, and then from there on out everything happened so quickly one thing right after the other that I barely had time to think, let alone update y'all.  I spent a total of 5 days in the hospital.  Things did get worse for me by a lot, I was extreemly sick. I had no choice but to get an epidural before my blood platelets dropped too low (which they eventually did) because they told me if I had to go for a c section and didnt get an epi they'd have to knock me out.  Plus the pain from contractions was making my blood pressure continue to be dangerously high.  Luckily once true labor started it only took me 4 hours to push him out. I am SO glad, because any longer would have meant a c section.  Even after I had him, him and I both still had a lot of problems going on.  At one point they even thought I had appendicitis because I couldnt move AT ALL without crying my eyes out.  I still dont know what that pain was from, but it was so unbearable that they sort of forced me to take diloded(sp?).  Because of all the crap pumped in to me it was very difficult to breast feed. This isnt even all the difficulties I just faced, but I dont want to get in to every single detail. It was all SO far from the completely natural birth that I wanted that it is going to take me a long time to get over it..

BUT NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF!!!
Introducing Fahren Theodore,  Born on March 2nd at 6:10AM. Weighing 5 pounds 10 ounces, and measuring 19.5 inches.  

I'll add more photos in the replies (starting page 8)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:17 PM
So crazy! What's ypur bp at? What about protein in your urine? I'm so anxious for you. If you can update us throughout labor, I can pop in for encouragement and support if you want. We're all here for you!
sarahtbkh
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Aww I'm sorry hun :( It'll be okay!! I hope everything goes smooth. I can tell you, I am pregnant with my 6th baby and NOT ONE has gone according to my plan when it comes to delivery...I'm not even making abirth plan this time. Good thing they caught the pre-e on time and at 38 weeks your LO should be okay!! Can't wait to see pics!

definecorrupt
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:14 PM
I don't know what it's at now, at one point it was 180/110. I don't know what the results for the 24 hour urine collection were but the last little pee cup was +2.
it doesn't help at all that I have generalized anxiety and panic disorders, so that makes my blood pressure far worse.

Currently I'm just playing the waiting game. They've started inducing with the little pills they insert in the vagina. I could be here for a few days. :(

Quoting Pandapanda: So crazy! What's ypur bp at? What about protein in your urine? I'm so anxious for you. If you can update us throughout labor, I can pop in for encouragement and support if you want. We're all here for you!
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

(hugs) mama

definecorrupt
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Thank you darlin

I'm glad they caught it, I've been "at risk" of having it for a few weeks so they were thankfully watching me extra close. It's still hard for me to believe this is happening, even my doctor didn't think it'd get to this point
I can't wait to have pictures to post :)

Quoting sarahtbkh:

Aww I'm sorry hun :( It'll be okay!! I hope everything goes smooth. I can tell you, I am pregnant with my 6th baby and NOT ONE has gone according to my plan when it comes to delivery...I'm not even making abirth plan this time. Good thing they caught the pre-e on time and at 38 weeks your LO should be okay!! Can't wait to see pics!

krn210
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Everything will be ok. Sounds like you are in good hands. Can't wait to see pics of your little one! :-)

joywalz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:49 PM
This has happened to me twice. I hope it all goes well! You will be holding your baby soon!
PoodleMum
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:58 PM

My pre-e was the same, I felt AMAZING but my kidneys were failing.  They induce at 300 miu and mine was 25,000 with bp at 145/95 (usually 80/60).  She was preemie, but did really well though :)  Good luck!  It took a while for my BP to go down and still isn't as low as it was, and many months for my protein levels to go down. 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Hey, that's good though. They're starting you off nice and slow.

It's going to be alright!

Quoting definecorrupt: I don't know what it's at now, at one point it was 180/110. I don't know what the results for the 24 hour urine collection were but the last little pee cup was +2.
it doesn't help at all that I have generalized anxiety and panic disorders, so that makes my blood pressure far worse.

Currently I'm just playing the waiting game. They've started inducing with the little pills they insert in the vagina. I could be here for a few days. :(

Quoting Pandapanda: So crazy! What's ypur bp at? What about protein in your urine? I'm so anxious for you. If you can update us throughout labor, I can pop in for encouragement and support if you want. We're all here for you!
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

HUGS!
Do you have support?
Did you already rule out temporary elevating factors, get hydrated, nourished, etc?
How about protein?
Are you using Cytotec? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)