Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

in need of help from other small short pregnant women!!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:24 AM
  • 13 Replies
I am 21 weeks pregnant with baby #2.

I'm am 5'1 and 95-100 lbs when not pregnant. I am small. I have this feeling in the center of my chest in between my breast. it isn't really painful. just feels like pressure and like it needs to pop?!? I feel it all the way thru to the center of my back. I didn't have this with my 1st pregnancy. its kinda freaking me out needless to say but SO says its probably because of how small I am and how big I'm getting. because I am bigger this time then last time. or he said it could be that I pulled something out of place when picking my oldest up who Is 28 lbs. I only feel it when I take a deep breath or if I move just right. if I lay still and breath normal I don't notice it but if I take a deep breath in I feel it.... is this from growing and my rib cage moving to make room like SO thinks or maybe pulled something?
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:31 AM

It has nothing to do with you being as small as you are.  I'm 5'5  1/2 and I weight about 130ish when I'm not pregnant.  It's because of the way the weight of the baby and sac is pressing against your diaphram.  If you lay on yoru back for about 15 minutes, you'll probably feel it more because laying on yoru back puts even more pressure there.  There's really nothing that you can do about it, and it's aggitating, but it is what it is, unfortunatly =/  Always bring those things up to your OB/Midwife though, it's good to let them know about things even if it seems small or pointless to you, or you feel silly asking them about it.  I can guarantee you, if you've asked....50+ people in the last 6 months minimally has asked before you and you won't be even close to the last one :)  

decemberLee13
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:36 AM
Thanks. I wasn't sure but it was kinda scary. I have high anxiety and the thought of not breathing can thro me into a stressful panic attack :( ... but u helped ease my mind tonight...

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

It has nothing to do with you being as small as you are.  I'm 5'5  1/2 and I weight about 130ish when I'm not pregnant.  It's because of the way the weight of the baby and sac is pressing against your diaphram.  If you lay on yoru back for about 15 minutes, you'll probably feel it more because laying on yoru back puts even more pressure there.  There's really nothing that you can do about it, and it's aggitating, but it is what it is, unfortunatly =/  Always bring those things up to your OB/Midwife though, it's good to let them know about things even if it seems small or pointless to you, or you feel silly asking them about it.  I can guarantee you, if you've asked....50+ people in the last 6 months minimally has asked before you and you won't be even close to the last one :)  

Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:44 AM

Well...when i was pregnant with my twins, I didn't have NEARLY as many problems as I am now lmao, but they also jsut turned 11, so it's been a long time for me =p This baby, sometimes I get short of breath and I feel like someone's trying to give me cpr as in when they're pushing down on your chest, only not as intense.  I did talk to my OB about it a few weeks ago, and that's what she told me.  I've heard about it in groups that I'm in and what not, but it did make me nervous.  She said to make sure I'm drinking a lot of water and not over-doing myself.  It's crazy how you have this and that symptom during one pregnancy, and then the complete oposite for another =p 

Quoting decemberLee13: Thanks. I wasn't sure but it was kinda scary. I have high anxiety and the thought of not breathing can thro me into a stressful panic attack :( ... but u helped ease my mind tonight...
Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

Pregnancy Ticker
decemberLee13
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:49 AM
Agreed :)
my first pregnancy was so perfect. I had NO problems at all and labor and delivery went smooth and had no problem. then took our dd home at 6.2 lbs healthy and she is now 3 yrs old. but this pregnancy has been one thing after another scaring me! but I keep telling my self I'm half way there and to keep a positive out look lol

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

Well...when i was pregnant with my twins, I didn't have NEARLY as many problems as I am now lmao, but they also jsut turned 11, so it's been a long time for me =p This baby, sometimes I get short of breath and I feel like someone's trying to give me cpr as in when they're pushing down on your chest, only not as intense.  I did talk to my OB about it a few weeks ago, and that's what she told me.  I've heard about it in groups that I'm in and what not, but it did make me nervous.  She said to make sure I'm drinking a lot of water and not over-doing myself.  It's crazy how you have this and that symptom during one pregnancy, and then the complete oposite for another =p 

Quoting decemberLee13: Thanks. I wasn't sure but it was kinda scary. I have high anxiety and the thought of not breathing can thro me into a stressful panic attack :( ... but u helped ease my mind tonight...

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Aww I wish I could come and give you a big hug.  It's scary, and I felt soooo silly asking my OB some of the questions I have and expressing some of my concerns, because I felt like since i'm not a first time mom ... that this should be easy peezy to me.  It's really not the case.  And your right, your half way there =D So your past those points to where certain things are much more common to happen.  What other kind of problems have you had?

Quoting decemberLee13: Agreed :) my first pregnancy was so perfect. I had NO problems at all and labor and delivery went smooth and had no problem. then took our dd home at 6.2 lbs healthy and she is now 3 yrs old. but this pregnancy has been one thing after another scaring me! but I keep telling my self I'm half way there and to keep a positive out look lol
Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

Pregnancy Ticker
decemberLee13
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Ugh... it started 4 days b4 I took a preg test... 2 long days and nights of heartburn... I knew I was preg at that point but waited to take a test til my missed period... then the first trimester was awful with bad morning sickness and the fact that no matter how hard I tried I would fall asleep...even sitting up at times! just to be woke up by my dd who turned 3 a month ago asking why I was sleeping.... then that all got better going to the 2nd tri.... went to my 13-14 weeks apt and Dr said there was a small amount of blood under my placenta...but said it wouldnt harm anything I would have some spotting or my body would absorb it back....and was told that looked like I was having a boy but Dr said to not get to excited because 13 weeks was still early to really tell... made it to my 18 week apt dealing with back pain and heartburn in between week 13 and 18... Dr said it was infact a boy...super excited because we were trying for a boy :) and Dr said blood under placenta was gone... now I'm 21 weeks and aside from the common heartburn and back pain...I'm now dealing with this feeling in between my breast that seems to feel like my chest bone is pulling apart! its been a ride this time around but in all honesty...I couldn't be happier and even tho this has been rough on me... I'm glad to be going thru it...I can not wait to me my son :)... who's name may be Ayric!

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

Aww I wish I could come and give you a big hug.  It's scary, and I felt soooo silly asking my OB some of the questions I have and expressing some of my concerns, because I felt like since i'm not a first time mom ... that this should be easy peezy to me.  It's really not the case.  And your right, your half way there =D So your past those points to where certain things are much more common to happen.  What other kind of problems have you had?

Quoting decemberLee13: Agreed :)
my first pregnancy was so perfect. I had NO problems at all and labor and delivery went smooth and had no problem. then took our dd home at 6.2 lbs healthy and she is now 3 yrs old. but this pregnancy has been one thing after another scaring me! but I keep telling my self I'm half way there and to keep a positive out look lol

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

tairakittie
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I actually get that a lot, I do some stretches, and sometimes it pops. It hurts a little bit when it pops, but then it feels better. I have no idea what it is though, ive had this "issue" for over a year now.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 2, 2014 at 6:05 PM
It has nothing to do with your size. Sometimes it just happens, I find a good chiropractor helps with those pains.
treysmom9706
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 6:30 PM
With my dd I had this happen, I went to the chiropractor and he said I had popped a rib out. It's happened again with this pregnancy, I need to make an appt. Sometimes I can fix it by stretching a certain way, but I'm so much bigger with these twins that it makes it hard to stretch like I could before. Good luck to you! !
lillettemomma
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM
I am 28 weeks and tiny 5 feet 120 soaking wet ..... I can barely move at this point lol 12 weeks to go.....it feels like the baby is permanently in my ribs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)