Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby's Diaper Bag

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

Packed the diaper bag this morning. Have no idea what goes in it! I put his going home blanket, 2 nb outfits, 2 0-3 month outfits, nipple cream, breast pads, his baby book, some diapers and some wipes. I'm waiting for my baby shower on Saturday to see what else I'll need. I still want to put a paci in it, bottle, receiving blanket, burp cloths. What else does a diaper bag need?

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Just-looney
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM
A bottle of water and crackers for you :)
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you talking for the hospital or just in general?  If you are talking for the hospital, they will have everything you need in terms of diapers/wipes, pacifiers, receiving/burp cloths, etc. so I wouldn't bother packing up that stuff.  Mostly just clothes and a blanket.  You also won't need nipple cream or pads for that short of a time since your milk isn't usually fully in until after you get home.

If you are talking in general, I probably wouldn't lug his baby book around so it doesn't get ruined.  Another thing I love to have are little plastic sacks (like doggy poop bags) for dirty diapers when you don't have a good place to discard one.

MrsHubert
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I was packing it for both at the same time. I figured if I was going to pack it, then pack it with regular stuff too. The baby book is only for the hospital. It will be taken out as soon as we get home. I didn't know the hospital gave you all of that stuff. I figured you'd have to bring your own.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Are you talking for the hospital or just in general?  If you are talking for the hospital, they will have everything you need in terms of diapers/wipes, pacifiers, receiving/burp cloths, etc. so I wouldn't bother packing up that stuff.  Mostly just clothes and a blanket.  You also won't need nipple cream or pads for that short of a time since your milk isn't usually fully in until after you get home.

If you are talking in general, I probably wouldn't lug his baby book around so it doesn't get ruined.  Another thing I love to have are little plastic sacks (like doggy poop bags) for dirty diapers when you don't have a good place to discard one.

oliveoil423
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Pack a worm bottle for the formula unless you are bf. Diapers and wipes. Formula.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Well I can't speak for all hospitals but when we had our first, our nurse was amazing.  She LOADED us up on Swaddlers, pacifiers, thermometer, brush, etc. to take home.  I got a ton of free formula too which was awesome!  I don't think they gave us wipes but the hospital bassinet has all of that stuff on the shelves beneath for when you are there.  We didn't bring a diaper bag with us, we just threw the going home outfit and a blanket in my duffle bag.

Quoting MrsHubert:

I was packing it for both at the same time. I figured if I was going to pack it, then pack it with regular stuff too. The baby book is only for the hospital. It will be taken out as soon as we get home. I didn't know the hospital gave you all of that stuff. I figured you'd have to bring your own.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:23 PM

I'm not taking much to the hospital for the baby. I'll pack his diaper bag up again after we're home. I just have a few outfits, his coming home outfit, a receiving blanket for hubby to bring home to our cat at some point, a normal blanket (mostly for his pictures), and a few other little things. The hospital provides everything we could need, so even most of what I'm bringing is just personal preference (wanting him to be in his own clothes or whatever). 

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Sounds good. Some snacks for you are always a plus to have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)