Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Best way to gain weight

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

I lost 4lbs in my last check up at 12 weeks. Im weighing at 108. I need to get some meat on my bones. Any good tips would be greatly appreciated.  I do the PB&J sandwiches before bed time along with some other snacks. I snack 4 times a day with 3 meals. Not all junk either.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Lol..I always think its cute when woman are complaining about gainingv weight. Its that is your natural way to be you're not going to just gain weight out of no where. I always lost up to 10lbs in the first trimester. You'll gain it will be at the end.
Netty321
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:20 PM

In my last pregnancy i went down to 100lbs. And i ended delivering at 114lbs and my son was 5 weeks early. I could not put weight on for anything. So i dont want that to happen again if you know what i mean. I left the hospital weighing 106.  My dr was quite concerened about not gaining any weight. So i want to try real hard this time!!

Quoting pinkfairy0206: Lol..I always think its cute when woman are complaining about gainingv weight. Its that is your natural way to be you're not going to just gain weight out of no where. I always lost up to 10lbs in the first trimester. You'll gain it will be at the end.

pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM
You're not starving yourself, you're eating for 2 at that it sounds like! So as long as baby is gaining and growing thats what matters.

Quoting Netty321:

In my last pregnancy i went down to 100lbs. And i ended delivering at 114lbs and my son was 5 weeks early. I could not put weight on for anything. So i dont want that to happen again if you know what i mean. I left the hospital weighing 106.  My dr was quite concerened about not gaining any weight. So i want to try real hard this time!!

Quoting pinkfairy0206: Lol..I always think its cute when woman are complaining about gainingv weight. Its that is your natural way to be you're not going to just gain weight out of no where. I always lost up to 10lbs in the first trimester. You'll gain it will be at the end.

Netty321
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Ahh yes.. But tell that to my Dr who gets overly concerned about things haha

Quoting pinkfairy0206: You're not starving yourself, you're eating for 2 at that it sounds like! So as long as baby is gaining and growing thats what matters.
Quoting Netty321:

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:39 PM
You can try incorporating more fats into your diet through fish, nuts, fresh coconut, coconut oil.

You can also take 3 fish oil capsules per day. It's good for you and baby and can lead to a slight increase in weight gain during pregnancy.
Netty321
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I will try that! thank you!

Quoting Pandapanda: You can try incorporating more fats into your diet through fish, nuts, fresh coconut, coconut oil. You can also take 3 fish oil capsules per day. It's good for you and baby and can lead to a slight increase in weight gain during pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN