Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Well, this is terrifying!

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:40 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm 35 weeks. And last weekend I got a glimpse of just how much my IQ had suffered this pregnancy. I've always dismissed "pregnancy brain" as an old wives tale (or just distraction, not actual intelligence drop). But as of last weekend... not so sure.

Our friends are habitual board gamers. They have people over for game nights most weekends; it's a great way to spend time together without spending money and you get to know each other and have fun. Guess who lost miserably every one of the 7 games we managed to get on the table that evening? The pregnant lady. It was SO embarrasing; we aren't just talking "came in second or third"...  I wonder how this is impacting the rest of my life? Would I even notice?!

Here's to hoping this is reversible!!!

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM
5 moms liked this

it's not reversible...LOL it just turns into MOM BRAIN! 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Lol!!!!

What games did you play? My husband is a board game connoisseur and we have a large collection. I've been on a losing streak lately.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Pregnancy brain is not fun!!!  I think it comes back a tiny, but yea, I have mommy brain now...I am hoping once they are a little older that it will return. 

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Pregnancy brain is extremely real, and it just morphs over time. lol

mcmlx3v
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Oh my goodness... I've been awful lately!  I pulled into the middle of an intersection to wait to turn left, and then I realized the light was still red.  Another time, I put on my turn signal when I was going straight.  I picked up the remote control to try to rewind my life so I could see the baby kick after I felt it.  And I can't manage to speak properly... I tried to say something like "every single time" and ended up saying "every tingle si-nine" or something ridiculous like that.  I'm afraid I may actually be a hazard to myself and others.  lol!

Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't find a restaurant in our small town that has been here for 20+ years, is on a main road that I've driven past regularly, and in a town I grew up in during my last pregnancy.  I was THAT bad.

samsanders
by Samantha on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Yup!! This is so true. It never goes away. Lol

Quoting Larsbug:

it's not reversible...LOL it just turns into MOM BRAIN! 

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM

I'm afraid to say no, it's not, lol.

Brandibee_5
by 7/30/14 on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:11 AM
I was at the store and my grandmother called and ask me to pick up some tape. 1minute later I had to call her back cause I had forgotten what she ask me to get. She said yep you're a mom!
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:13 AM
3 moms liked this
Kids eat your brain cells.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)