Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is it normal to retain water??

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:53 AM
  • 9 Replies

Ok I just got off the phone with L&D about gaining a whopping 4 pounds in one day. I'm peeing but not as much as usual and I drink a ton of water. I probably shouldnt have eaten that bag of cheetos earlier but nothing I can do about it now! I'm 28 weeks prego. No visable swelling though which is strange hands feet and face skinny as before. I have a bp machine at home also and it's 108/67 last time I took it which was like an hour ago. The nurse told me it wasnt a big deal. Is there any natural foods with dieuretic propertys other than coffee?? Thanks! Oh also I'm hella constipated which might be another reason this is happening. 

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:02 AM
Water. Drinking lots of water can help.
Nickysnooks
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:14 AM

I've drank 8 16.9 oz bottles of water today I'm scared if I drinkmore I'll retain more :/

leebles
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Cranberry juice is a diuretic and if you can stomach prune juice that may help you poop.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
It's actually a myth that drinking too much water will make you retain water. The more water you drink the better it will help your kidneys clean out your system.
ladybugchar
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Put a little lemon juice in your water.
afinecupoftea
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

As long as you're drinking lots of water, you can also drink dandelion tea, which is a pregnancy safe diuretic.

l0vEforMaNkInD
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Coffee an soda will take water out of your stool there for cause constipation i personally drank a jug of prune juice and a quarter bag of prunes with just gas I know its safe to use glysterine suppositories they have helped me a bunch and also eat tons of salads and keep on drinking water as for the diuretic good luck i was a water bed when i delivered i actually lost 30 lbs the first month after labor in water weight i could stick my finger nuckles deep even a shoe size bigger as long as your doctor doesnt suspect pre eclampsia you should be good
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My mother had the worst water retention I've ever seen in my life. She had to wear flip flops the last few months of her pregnancy because she had so much water that the tops of her feet would jiggle like jello when she walked. It was like filling a rubber glove with water.

Anyway, dandelion tea bags in a gallon of water and cranberry juice helped keep it at bay.
lillucky8
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:27 PM

for the constipation i'd drink warm water with lemon, it always helps me when i'm feeling that way, and maybe you didn't drink as much water today? or maybe you ate something a little more salty? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN