Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Uterus Pain-What's Normal

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:17 AM
  • 19 Replies
This is my first pregnancy and I'm 19 weeks 1 day. My uterus feels really heavy and I kind of have this aching feeling when im changing position while lying down, getting up or walking. I figured its just my uterus growing for the first time but im not sure. I have a midwife appt tomorrow so I'm going to ask her but I wanted to know if any of you were familiar with this? Also, it doesn't feel like how round ligament pain is described like sharp shooting pains. I've had that, this isn't a sharp shooting pain.
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaDulceVida
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Okay...someone here should have an answer for me. -_- how rude!
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Unfortunately there's no "normal", everything is different for everyone. As long as your not in the sort of pain that has you doubled over it's fairly "normal" but always best to check it out.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM
You posted late at night, so it got buried by people responding to notifications when they woke up. Nobody was being rude. it was 11:37pm my time, so almost 3am on the west coast.

Quoting LaDulceVida: Okay...someone here should have an answer for me. -_- how rude!
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM
I'm going to say it's a normal ache, but if it persists, definitely bring it up at your appointment.
Decemberlov
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM
I can barely make it past 9pm these days!

Quoting Pandapanda: You posted late at night, so it got buried by people responding to notifications when they woke up. Nobody was being rude. it was 11:37pm my time, so almost 3am on the west coast.

Quoting LaDulceVida: Okay...someone here should have an answer for me. -_- how rude!
LaDulceVida
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Yea, I know that's what happened. That's why I commented on it to move it up to the top. I wasn't serious when I said "how rude." It was 2:00 am my time lol

Quoting Pandapanda: You posted late at night, so it got buried by people responding to notifications when they woke up. Nobody was being rude. it was 11:37pm my time, so almost 3am on the west coast.

LaDulceVida
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Lol yea so you were in bed when I posted this!

Quoting Decemberlov: I can barely make it past 9pm these days!

LaDulceVida
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM
It's really weird. I think its normal because the baby is still moving and all that, but yea I'm going to ask her tomorrow for piece of mind.

Quoting Devious103102:

Unfortunately there's no "normal", everything is different for everyone. As long as your not in the sort of pain that has you doubled over it's fairly "normal" but always best to check it out.

RobinmEpps
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM
I'm 35 weeks and been feeling that way since about 20 weeks. Your uterus is doing something it's never done before and is quite a large muscle.. That's its way of responding to getting bigger and holding more (contents)???? That's what I was told anyway and it only gets worse;)
LaDulceVida
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I feared that might be the case. Oh joy!

Quoting RobinmEpps: I'm 35 weeks and been feeling that way since about 20 weeks. Your uterus is doing something it's never done before and is quite a large muscle.. That's its way of responding to getting bigger and holding more (contents)???? That's what I was told anyway and it only gets worse;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)