Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I Need Answers From Anyone Who Can Help

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok I'm 37 weeks today. I went into L&D. They told me that I'm in the beginning stages of active labor. I'm having contractions at a steady pattern. I'm 4 cm dilated &nd 70% effaced. I was told that 9 times out of 10 the contractions won't stop they just need to be stronger before they can admit me. What can I do to help bring on stronger contractions? I'm tired of going back and forth and feeling these contractions. I just want it to be over
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Iloveemykidz
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Thank you very much. I was thinking speed walking lol. I've been walking back and forth for about an hr. All I feel is pressure. But I won't give up. I'd rather get the painful contractions and get it over with instead of these annoying ones all day. Wish me luck. I'll post a comment if anything changes *_*

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: It was more like pacing, lol. I wasn't walking very fast at all but I did it for like 3 hours before they got my test results.

good luck, I know how anxious you probably are. I hope those contrax really kick in soon!

Quoting Iloveemykidz: My gbs was neg with this pregnancy. I'll continue to walk at home since it's so cold out. That's my only method for now. My finance works til 2am so I'm kinda on my own. How fast did u walk? Because I'm walking at home so idk how fast I can walk but I'm trying to get them started because it's taking a toll on my body :(

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: My hospital had me walking the halls at 4cm with my last. They couldn't admit me but knew that I would be back so quickly they were working with me. I was also only 36w4d so there was nothing they could do. While I was walking, they discovered that I had tested positive for Group B Strep and was going to need antibiotics so they were able to admit me at 4.5cm. I went to 5cm a few hours later and then went from 5-10 in 30 mins so I was happy to be where I was at that point, lol. Walk, walk, walk and sex if its not too uncomfortable
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Yeah. Hope you make it when you husband gets off so he can be there with you. Try that go to another hospital and see if they cand admit you in.

Quoting Iloveemykidz: Yes it does suck! I should of went to a different hospital. The same thing happened to my cousin at the same hospital. She went to another hospital and they admitted her then sent her back to the other hospital in an ems because she was at 5.5. I pray the walking helps because these contractions aren't painful but they are uncomfortable

Quoting oliveoil423: Sorry to that. It must suck. With my daughter i had her two weeks early cause of my blood pressure, i went to the hospital and waited till the doctir came to check and she told me that she was admiting me to tge L&D room cause i was already started my contractions and there was no point in sending me home cause of it. I guess all hospitals are different. Try and keep walking and eat cause once you gi to the hospital and go i to labor they wont give you food only popsicles and ice chips.
lucysmommy69
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

i went to teh mall with my first and second and walked/shopped for a few hours

Pearl12108
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Clean house..get your hospital bag ready...good luck!
nolongermstkn
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Good luck. I never got "strong" contractions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iloveemykidz
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Yeah he's gonna leave if I call. But hopefully if I go in he is already off work because his job is very dirty and he has to shower and change before he can even attempt to in the hospital

Quoting oliveoil423: Yeah. Hope you make it when you husband gets off so he can be there with you. Try that go to another hospital and see if they cand admit you in.

Quoting Iloveemykidz: Yes it does suck! I should of went to a different hospital. The same thing happened to my cousin at the same hospital. She went to another hospital and they admitted her then sent her back to the other hospital in an ems because she was at 5.5. I pray the walking helps because these contractions aren't painful but they are uncomfortable

Quoting oliveoil423: Sorry to that. It must suck. With my daughter i had her two weeks early cause of my blood pressure, i went to the hospital and waited till the doctir came to check and she told me that she was admiting me to tge L&D room cause i was already started my contractions and there was no point in sending me home cause of it. I guess all hospitals are different. Try and keep walking and eat cause once you gi to the hospital and go i to labor they wont give you food only popsicles and ice chips.
Iloveemykidz
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Did it work for u?

Quoting lucysmommy69:

i went to teh mall with my first and second and walked/shopped for a few hours

oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Yeah. You dont have parents or in laws around?

Quoting Iloveemykidz: Yeah he's gonna leave if I call. But hopefully if I go in he is already off work because his job is very dirty and he has to shower and change before he can even attempt to in the hospital

Quoting oliveoil423: Yeah. Hope you make it when you husband gets off so he can be there with you. Try that go to another hospital and see if they cand admit you in.

Iloveemykidz
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Everything is done already and both of our bags are packed lol. That's how ready I am and thank.u

Quoting Pearl12108: Clean house..get your hospital bag ready...good luck!
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM
It's a bad idea to get yourself admitted when you aren't in active labor. You'd end up on pitocin more than likely, and so begins the "Cascade of Interventions". Being stuck in a hospital bed, working agInst gravity isn't going to make baby come faster.

Another thing that you have to realize is that this could be prodromal labor- it mimicks labor but never produces a baby. You have to be okay with that, because it's a real possibility.

Having said that, my first twoo labors I never got regular contractions. With my third, I only had comtractions for 1 hour 55 minutes before she was born. Just walk and then get some rest. Alternate between the two.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)