Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

water birth: stationary or blow up tub?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 4:24 PM
  • 22 Replies
Which is easier and best to use? I have the option of delivering at two different hospitals and one had a stationary and the other has a portable blow up.
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 4:26 PM
My only experience was in a portable blow up tub. It was fine, I really wanted something to hold on to, like a handle or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Bump
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:45 PM

With my first birth. It was a birthing tub and it was ok but I hated the sides. It was not comfortable. My third I had a home birth and used a kids blow up pool. I loved it and worked great for me.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I would research other factors about the hospitals before letting this be the deciding factor.    Maybe you already have.   ?
So many things could affect the experience. 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Stationary is a lot easier to fill and empty. I would think blow up would be more comfortable though.

You should look at the c-section rates for each hospital and other stats like that to help you decide.

addiesmommy1109
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:55 AM
We are touring each hospital before but my number one deciding factor is which is going to be easiest for a water birth since both offer it and my midwife is the one who established water birthing there.

Quoting doulala:

I would research other factors about the hospitals before letting this be the deciding factor.    Maybe you already have.   ?So many things could affect the experience.  

addiesmommy1109
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:57 AM
I am delivering with a midwife. I'm not even meeting the OB in her office because i am a low risk normal pregnancy and this is my third. It's just a different area now since my original ob left. We are going to tour both hospitals and see which we like but the number one factor is ease of water birth

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Stationary is a lot easier to fill and empty. I would think blow up would be more comfortable though.

You should look at the c-section rates for each hospital and other stats like that to help you decide.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:29 AM

How will youfind out which is easier?    Asking their stats for interventions is a great idea, interviewing, bringing a list of questions should help.     GL!    :-)  

Quoting addiesmommy1109: We are touring each hospital before but my number one deciding factor is which is going to be easiest for a water birth since both offer it and my midwife is the one who established water birthing there.
Quoting doulala:

I would research other factors about the hospitals before letting this be the deciding factor.    Maybe you already have.   ?So many things could affect the experience.  

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:31 AM

It helps to keep in mind that hospital working midwives will probably be working under the "medical model of care" alongside OB-style practice so their cesarean rates could be higher.    
Are you also considering waterbirthing in a birth center or at home? 

Quoting addiesmommy1109: I am delivering with a midwife. I'm not even meeting the OB in her office because i am a low risk normal pregnancy and this is my third. It's just a different area now since my original ob left. We are going to tour both hospitals and see which we like but the number one factor is ease of water birth
Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

addiesmommy1109
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:32 AM
That's why I'm asking which people prefered. This is my first water birth. The hospital I delivered my first two at did not allow them.

Quoting doulala:

How will youfind out which is easier?    Asking their stats for interventions is a great idea, interviewing, bringing a list of questions should help.     GL!    :-)  

Quoting addiesmommy1109: We are touring each hospital before but my number one deciding factor is which is going to be easiest for a water birth since both offer it and my midwife is the one who established water birthing there.

Quoting doulala:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)