Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

***UPDATE***I'm pregnant after she just had a MC....

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:30 PM
  • 38 Replies
Dh apparently is excited about this pregnancy because I came from school at 8 last night and he had announced to his whole family, including SIL, and facebook. I'm a little irritated that he did this but I guess at least he is excited.... him and my mother in law decided that keeping it a secret wasn't a good idea because no matter when she would be upset. They said she started crying and hung up the phone. I feel awful still and wish dh would have waited to plaster it on the Internet so she could have time to cope without seeing it online everywhere. ..

Long story short my sister in law had a miscarriage a month before I found out I was pg with dd2. She was upset that I was pregnant and she had a mc. Understandable. She had another child 3 months after my dd2 was born but she just had another mc 2 weeks ago and I just found out I'm pg with child number 3.. they have been trying for another and this was a huge shocker for us. How do we go about telling her... we would like to spread the news but we do not want more hard feelings either....
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mychinababy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Congrats to you and how awful for your sister in law. What a shame. My sister lost her baby at 16 weeks the day I found out I was pregnant. I felt awful but my mom suggested I told her sooner than later so she knew I wasn't intentionally hiding it from her. Thankfully she took it quite well. I don't know what to say for your situation where it's happened twice. :( Good luck-
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:40 PM
My mother in law suggested I wait but I also don't want to hide it and not be excited myself. but I feel awful and don't know how to handle it

Quoting mychinababy: Congrats to you and how awful for your sister in law. What a shame. My sister lost her baby at 16 weeks the day I found out I was pregnant. I felt awful but my mom suggested I told her sooner than later so she knew I wasn't intentionally hiding it from her. Thankfully she took it quite well. I don't know what to say for your situation where it's happened twice. :( Good luck-
ShannaBee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Congrats.
The same happened to me. I found out I was pregnant the day my cousin's miscarriage was confirmed. It was hard. I announced my pregnancy to my maternal family first. I waited until almost second trimester to tell my cousin and the rest of my paternal side.
LifesALilHectic
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this

First of all.... What are the odds... Second, you shouldnt have to hide from her, because no matter how long you wait she will still be upset.

gingerprincess
by Kat on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:52 PM
My sister was pregnant when I was, and I had a miscarriage...I was angry with her forever. I shouldn't have been though. When my nephew was born at 21 weeks and lived only 20 minutes I felt so guilty for being upset with her.
Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I would wait a bit longer and give her time to process the loss.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I agree with waiting.
If you are close maybe you can help foster healing through communication and friendship.      Support might be just the thing.    And then when it's a better time, she may feel ready to accept your news...   ?

GL!

samsanders
by Samantha on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:14 AM
I agree with Heather. So sorry for her losses. That's a difficult situation to be in twice in a row. Sorry mama

Quoting Heather2001:

I would wait a bit longer and give her time to process the loss.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this

No matter what that is a tough situation. I think you just sit her down and tell her and explain that you know it is hard for her and you feel bad but you wanted her to hear it from you first. Of course she will be upset. But in the long run, I'm sure she will come around.

addiesmommy1109
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:59 AM
They live on the other side of the country so it has to be a phone call. It's very tough and both our families don't understand why this has happened twice on a row basically.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

No matter what that is a tough situation. I think you just sit her down and tell her and explain that you know it is hard for her and you feel bad but you wanted her to hear it from you first. Of course she will be upset. But in the long run, I'm sure she will come around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN