Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Does anyone else have a problem with their Dr./OB/Midwife/Etc.?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:05 AM
  • 32 Replies

I have had numerous problems with the women's clinic I've been going to for my pregnancy. Both personal and as a patient. I could get into it but it would be a long rant rather than a question. Long story short, the nurses and midwives often have very different advice and opinions about how things are done and about pregnancy, ugh lots of things. I (the patient) end up getting the ass end of it all. I've even gotten scolded by the midwives a couple times for doing things I was told to do...

Have any of you had problems with your provider's or even quit seeing them because of issues you or the've had?

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:22 AM
No issues with my current practice. I would be willing to leave, though if I had your experience! ! Very frustrating.
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:06 AM

I have not, but it sounds like you need to find a new provider.

dixiegurl223626
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:07 AM

my issue is I'm paying $288 a month and the dr only stays in the room about 2 minutes at the most. I feel like my appointments are a waste of my time, gas, and money.

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I agree, I think you need to look into a different provider. You deserve to be comfortable with the people who are supposed to take care of you! 

My doctors are wonderful, for the most part. There are five of them, and only one that I'm not 100% in love with. My solution was just to not see her except if I had to... lol. 

jlgray1988
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Me. I HATED my OB. She was hateful, had no bedside manner and was just rude to me. She only stayed in the room for 2 minutes and would not answer my questions. Finally at 22w I changed to a practice of 4 men OBs and one woman NP and I'm SO glad I did! They are soooo nice and caring. I look back and I really don't know how I kept from going off on my first OB. Lol
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
This OB is pretty good. I just have an issue with how they do the testing and stuff. You have to go to like a million different places to get blood work or whatever done and its frustrating. BUT I'm still new to this area. The town I lived in before Where I had both my other kids had a private lab, so I didn't need to run all over the town to get stuff done.
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:33 AM
I had one OB when I was pregnant with my son and he didn't see me until I was about 36 weeks pregnant. And I ended up having my son at 37 weeks lol he wasn't even there to delivered my son when I went into labor! He was just horrible.

Quoting jlgray1988: Me. I HATED my OB. She was hateful, had no bedside manner and was just rude to me. She only stayed in the room for 2 minutes and would not answer my questions. Finally at 22w I changed to a practice of 4 men OBs and one woman NP and I'm SO glad I did! They are soooo nice and caring. I look back and I really don't know how I kept from going off on my first OB. Lol
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:43 AM
I absolutely love my midwife, she left the practice/hospital when I had my 3rd son (sad). So when I got pregnant with my daughter I tracked her down online and went to her. I had to go to a hospital an hour away instead of 10minutes away but it was worth it. Doing it again for this baby.
cali_gurl
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I would change offices/doctors. I had an AMAZING time with my first pregnancy and ob, next time I might have different insurance and have to have a different OB. Not looking forward to that. :(

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:09 AM
I absolutely love my midwife. Shop around until you find the right care provider for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN