Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

yay in second trimester!!!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:16 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I hit 14 weeks yesterday with my pregnancy!! pregnant with my second child and did not know i was pregnant until i was ten weeks!! so crazy that i am almost to the halfway point! Super excited as is my daughter who turns 5 on monday. Go for checkup next friday and hoping they schedule my ultrasound to find out if we are having a Makala or a Kolby!!!! I have the feeling its gonna be another girl!!!

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leebles
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Congrats!! Cute names :-)
sourpatchmom098
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:24 AM

congrats! making it to the second trimester is a huge relief, especially if youve had pregnancy troubles in the past

amqjw
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:57 AM

luckily i didnt have morning sickness with my daughter or this baby!! my sister in law is due two weeks before me!!! so today i get to find out if i will have a new neice or new nephew!!!

SissySmurf
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

VERY cool!!! Congratulations. I'm sixteen weeks.  I'll be seventeen weeks this Sunday. I have an appointment tomorrow and I was sooo hopin' that they'd do an ultrasound to find out what the baby is but my niece, who had her baby on Christmas Eve, had the same doctor as me and said she was 20 weeks when he did the Revealing Ultrasound so I'm kinda bummed that he may wait that long. That'd take me to the next appointment - in April. 
I, too, have a feelin' that I'm havin' a little girl - as does everyone else around me. I have a little boy who is three.  I, too, like your names. The names I'm goin' with are:

Kimberlynn Kay (Named after my sister Kim and my friend Brenda who passed from Brain Cancer last September.. Her middle name was Kay..)

Brendan Kayden for a boy..  

SissySmurf
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

You are NOT lyin'.. I had such a heavy heart and bad feelings about this pregnancy from the start. I told my SO's mom (whose just beyond herself excited - it only makes her second grandbaby - I am the mother of her first grandbaby also.. lol) that I was havin' really bad feelings that somethin' was gonna go wrong. I obsessed. I checked my panties every single time I went pee just to make sure I wasn't miscarrying.. :( I didn't have any problems til the day of delivery with my first - placental abruption. :( So yeah, every ache, every single ping I felt was just sendin' me so afraid. :( The first trimester wasn't fun. The second trimester came and I calmed down considerably. I started feelin' the tiny flutters and "quicknesses" when the baby kicks/moves..etc.. And felt comfortable with finally tellin' my son that we were expecting. He's thrilled. 

Quoting sourpatchmom098:

congrats! making it to the second trimester is a huge relief, especially if youve had pregnancy troubles in the past

amqjw
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM

love your names!!! our names will actually be makala gabrielle or kolby grant. my daughter asked for the baby to have same initials as her if its a girl!!!

sourpatchmom098
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:21 AM

yes i understand. My 1sy=t preganacy i masscaried. not knowing better i had already spilled the beans to everyone because i was so excited. my second pregnancy (wich i had my daughter) went well until i had preterm labor and was out on bedrest at 30 weeks. My 3rd pregnancy (this one unintended) ended up being ectopic and i almost died. This pregnancy has been smooth so far but because of previous issues i didn't tell anyone beside immediate family until i hit my secind trimester. i still check when i go to the bathroom to make sure im not bleeding or anything (just paranoid i guess cuz everythings been fine). right now i just hope that i can make it to the end without the repeat of preterm labor and bedrerst.

Quoting SissySmurf:

You are NOT lyin'.. I had such a heavy heart and bad feelings about this pregnancy from the start. I told my SO's mom (whose just beyond herself excited - it only makes her second grandbaby - I am the mother of her first grandbaby also.. lol) that I was havin' really bad feelings that somethin' was gonna go wrong. I obsessed. I checked my panties every single time I went pee just to make sure I wasn't miscarrying.. :( I didn't have any problems til the day of delivery with my first - placental abruption. :( So yeah, every ache, every single ping I felt was just sendin' me so afraid. :( The first trimester wasn't fun. The second trimester came and I calmed down considerably. I started feelin' the tiny flutters and "quicknesses" when the baby kicks/moves..etc.. And felt comfortable with finally tellin' my son that we were expecting. He's thrilled. 

Quoting sourpatchmom098:

SissySmurf
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Ohhh bless your daughter's heart.. :) Were you cautious about tellin' her? Or did ya tell her right off? A friend of mine found out she's pregnant a couple days after I did. She told her kids right off. I dunno, I was so afraid to.  

Who decided to name this one? My SO named our first. Thomas Alexander. So I am namin' this one. Brenda was my SO's cousin so his family is so happy that I'm namin' the baby after her. She was like a sister to me.  

SissySmurf
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Oh wow, I'm so sorry. :( How far along were you when you miscarried with your first, - if ya don't mind me askin'. My sister miscarried at 10 weeks and had already told her son who was very young at the time. Our sister in law was pregnant right around the same time my sister was and went on to have her baby. So when my sister went up to visit my sister in law in the hospital, her son cried and said no mommy, that's OUR baby. He was confused and didn't know any better. I was really young then and even now when she told me about it, I cry. How far along are you now?

Quoting sourpatchmom098:

yes i understand. My 1sy=t preganacy i masscaried. not knowing better i had already spilled the beans to everyone because i was so excited. my second pregnancy (wich i had my daughter) went well until i had preterm labor and was out on bedrest at 30 weeks. My 3rd pregnancy (this one unintended) ended up being ectopic and i almost died. This pregnancy has been smooth so far but because of previous issues i didn't tell anyone beside immediate family until i hit my secind trimester. i still check when i go to the bathroom to make sure im not bleeding or anything (just paranoid i guess cuz everythings been fine). right now i just hope that i can make it to the end without the repeat of preterm labor and bedrerst.

Quoting SissySmurf:

Quoting sourpatchmom098:

amqjw
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM

we told our daughter the day after we found out, she has been wanting a baby brother or sister.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)