Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

when did you pick your babies name?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:39 AM
  • 38 Replies

i have a scheduled c section in 17 days and i do not have a name for my little boy. everything i like is a top baby name and i do not want that. i thought i finallt picked a name then looked at the meaning and its the same meaning as my other sons middle name. so when did you have a name picked out?

by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 4:07 AM

My first was picked out about 2.5 years-3 years before she was born. My second was picked out about a year before she was conceived. Our third's name was picked out about 8.5 years before he was born. My dh and I picked out first girl and boy names when we were first dating in a random conversation. Lol!

MixedCooke
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 4:31 AM

sooner than as close as you are.  Im going to wait on this one though.

markswife03
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 4:51 AM
I don't think you should turn down names you like just because they are popular. Kids are typically perfectly happy to have a name that helps them fit in. Besides, today's top names are used less often than the top names of our childhood.

My baby is due in a week and doesn't have an official name. I have an idea of what I want to use, but since I'm so uncertain, I'm scared I'll regret it :/
esox
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 5:14 AM
He's had his name for about 11 years prior to his birth. After he was born I started to second guess myself as I always wanted to call him by a different name. But the other name was already taken by my oldest nephew. I think it was because they looked so similar and I was still in disbelief over having a son.
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:10 AM
We always had it picked by the anatomy scan or by a week or so after. Our daughter's we had 6 yrs prior to her birth because it was the name my hubs picked for our 1st if he'd been a girl. Got 3 boys before we got her though. My 3rd son is named after my brother, always said I was going to but didn't actually use it till my 3rd.
samsanders
by Samantha on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:56 AM
A few weeks after we found out the gender.. A lot of times people wait until they see their baby and name them then. You'll figure it out :)
LoveMiLyfe
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Both picked after we found out what we were having. We played with names before we found out so it made it easier when we actually had the gender ultrasound.

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Early. We TTC for 2.5 years, and baby names was one of our favorite topics. We actually figured out a boy name a couple weeks before we found out I was finally pregnant.
Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I wouldn't worry about name meanings - I doubt your kids or anyone else will notice.  With my first, we decided between two names right after she was born.  With my second, his name had been chosen for a couple months.  My third went nameless for a day after birth because we couldn't decide.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I make my list soon as I  find out Im pregnant .Every week I would narrow it down. The day I have my ultrasound to corfirm the gender my baby has a name.

My children are Damien, Hunter and Connor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN