Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

need advice plzzzzz

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM
  • 13 Replies

As of right now I am 33 weeks pregnet ill be 34 on tuseday. Last month I started haveing tooth pain so I went to a dentist & was told i need a root canal but at that time diddnt get nothin done now for the last week the tooth has been causein too much pain & fellin the gum around it is staying sowllen so im tryin to decide if i should get the tooth pulled or wait & get the root canal after the bay is born. Also when I try contacting the dentist again to see if the infection got bad and is hy im in so much pain im not getting any help from them so if any one has any advice plzz help.

by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM

The dentist said you need a root canal soon or eventually?
I would keep trying to contact them, and schedule the appt to do it as well.    At least you can discuss it in the appt.  

GL! 

Angels24
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Quoting doulala:

The dentist said you need a root canal soon or eventually?I would keep trying to contact them, and schedule the appt to do it as well.    At least you can discuss it in the appt.  

GL! 

She realy diddnt say i need it soon or eventaually only told i needed a root canal.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Quoting Angels24:

Quoting doulala:

The dentist said you need a root canal soon or eventually?I would keep trying to contact them, and schedule the appt to do it as well.    At least you can discuss it in the appt.  

GL! 

She realy diddnt say i need it soon or eventaually only told i needed a root canal.

If you are in pain then it sounds important.    An infection is dangerous, too.
Could they get you in soon?

Angels24
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Quoting doulala:

Quoting Angels24:

Quoting doulala:

GL! 

If you are in pain then it sounds important.    An infection is dangerous, too.Could they get you in soon?

im not realy shure i have been thinking about contacting another dentist since i havent been haveing any luck getting answers from the dentist that told me i needed a root canal.

lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Teeth infections are serious business, and should be treated right away. If you can't get in to the dentist immediately, can you go to an urgent care, and at least get the infection treated? I'm not sure a dentist would work on you with an active infection anyways.
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:33 AM

That sounds like a great idea!!
Are you covered by insurance? 

Angels24
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Quoting doulala:

That sounds like a great idea!!Are you covered by insurance? 

I only have medicade which covers some things as of dentel insurance i dont have ive been thinkin that this week apply for something like dental discont to help cover the cost of things.

MrsSexyCurtains
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I'd find another dentist and make a consultation asap. My gum spilt open between my molar and wisdom tooth but I only noticed it a few weeks ago. I went yesterday and he refered me to an oral surgeon to have it removed after I have the baby. I'll be 36 weeks on Monday and will be scheduling to get my wisdom teeth pulled 1-2 weeks after baby.
LifesALilHectic
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:36 PM

I get this all the time. You need oral antibiotics and gargle with warm salt water. You can take IBuprophen too. If the dentist didnt give you anything, you can go down to a quick care and they can give you a prescription. Also keeping ice on the infected area can reduce swelling.

karyn9902
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Before i had my root canal done the dentist drilled and then put medicine in the tooth. Then put a temp filling in. Gave me a prescription for penecillin to make the pain go away and infection. I wasn't pregnant when i took the pills so Im not sure if safe for pregnant woman. But i would think your dentist would at least put medicine in the tooth and put temp filling on it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)