Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Have you ever had a Prenatal message?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:30 AM
  • 29 Replies
I go for my first prenatal message today. I've had many messages when I wasn't pregnant, and they're great!

What is different about these compared to when your not pregnant?!
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:39 AM
They are amazing!! I had it done where I was more on my side, kind of hugging a pillow. But my friend went to a place with a cutout in the bed for a belly. Either way, they are amazing! I had so much lower back and hip pain with my son, and the massage totally helped. I hope you enjoy it!
risa_xc
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:27 AM
I had one when I was 37 weeks and it was absolute bliss!!!! I highly recommend it and I loved it. Mine didn't have the cut out bed so I laid on my side and hugged a pillow but it was so relaxing!
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I have had massages since my second when my sciatic nerve was acting up so badly with her and we couldn't get a adjustment to stay. I love massages. They are so relaxing and beneficial during labor too.

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Nope, never even had a regular massage lol. Enjoy@

Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I've wanted a prenatal massage with every pregnancy, but I always put it off and put it off and never ended up getting one.

Devious103102
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Never had one. 

Mrswalker2012
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:28 PM
I've never had a regular one but I think I'm going to get one. Been wanting to since my last pregnancy
LifesALilHectic
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:40 PM

never had it... My hubby should learn this

littlemike
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM
I had a massage when i was about 23 weeks. It's hard getting comfy cuz of the belly but it was nice. Ended up finding out that one of my ribs were outta place
princess_peach
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Prenatal massages are amazing! I work the front desk at a massage clinic that specializes in prenatal massages. We use ergonomic cushions that allow the mom to safley and comfortably lay on ther stomoach. (We use them for everyone, not just the pregnant people). It is actually not safe to use the tables with the holes in them, so if your therapist is using one, they probably don't know enough about prenatal massage to be doing them.

The only other main difference is that they shouldn't do a lot of deep work on your legs. Some places will put vitamin e oil on your belly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN