Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i dont get it...

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:11 PM
  • 18 Replies
So I am 22 weeks I have had 5 ultrasound... they have only seen one baby...

but I keep having dreams about twins... my 3 yr old told me (at complete random) that there was 2 baby heads in my belly. and everytime I turn my head I see or hear about twins all the time.... its non stop...

I have heard that this happens in twin pregnancy but after all the sono and being 22 weeks I'm sure the Dr would have seen 2 if I was having twins... why can't I get twins out of my head???

Its driving me crazy...
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:17 PM

lol
Surprise twins can happen but not likely.     

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:30 PM
It's just one of those weird things our brains do! It's pretty unlikely after that many scans that a twin would be hiding!

I have dreamt more than once that I was having a cat, not a baby. I'm pretty sure that's inaccurate! lol
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I agree!

Quoting doulala:

lolSurprise twins can happen but not likely.      

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Why five ultrasounds?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
decemberLee13
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:26 PM
My first was really early because of a previous miscarriage and having a lot of pain so I was 6 weeks and my Dr tried with his ultrasound but couldn't get a good reading so the next day he had me at the hospital to do another one. everything was ok.. then another at my 9ish week apt... decided I didn't like my Dr and switched.. had my new Dr and he did one at 13 weeks 3 days... said looked like a boy but would know for sure at next apt and that happened at 18 weeks 3 days... and found out baby was a boy :)... but none of the Drs I seen had said anything about twins so I guess I'm just driving myself crazy over nothing... idk

Quoting norwgnwood: Why five ultrasounds?
decemberLee13
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:29 PM
I guess that's why it bothers me tho... I know someone who had plenty of ultrasound and knew she was having a girl and everything was good... she went into labor at 38 weeks and BAM she had 2 girls... he Dr didn't know it an d almost let the 2nd girl fall on the floor... it was such a shock to everyone...

Quoting doulala:

lolSurprise twins can happen but not likely.      

wiccanlove92
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:31 PM
I had the strongest gut feeling I was havinng twins up until like last week. I'm 34 + 4 and have had 5 ultrasounds. Even though my 16 week ultrasound pics look like there's a total creeper face next to my baby girl were still pretty sure its just one baby.
decemberLee13
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Oh-wow... lol ya I'm sure that won't happen...

Quoting JessiFaye: It's just one of those weird things our brains do! It's pretty unlikely after that many scans that a twin would be hiding!

I have dreamt more than once that I was having a cat, not a baby. I'm pretty sure that's inaccurate! lol
esox
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Maybe you will end up with Irish twins?
decemberLee13
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:35 PM
That's crazy... I keep tryin to tell myself its not twins but I can't get the feeling to go away..ugh.lol well I'm happy either way I know I have at least one healthy baby on the way and he is always moving (sometimes I really believe he's having a party in there) and I can't wait to meet him. just wish I didn't turn around and see "twins" everywhere...

Quoting wiccanlove92: I had the strongest gut feeling I was havinng twins up until like last week. I'm 34 + 4 and have had 5 ultrasounds. Even though my 16 week ultrasound pics look like there's a total creeper face next to my baby girl were still pretty sure its just one baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN