Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What would you do?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM
  • 26 Replies
So my son was born on November 27th, 2012, and this baby is due on November 11th. If my due date is accurate, my kids will have birthdays within weeks of each other. This was totally not planned!! What would you do about birthday parties if my due date ends up being later than I calculated? I'm only 5 weeks along, so I haven't been to the dr yet. I used a "due date calculator" using the first day of my last period.

Anyhow, I wanted to ask if there are any mamas out there that have a similar situation? I just don't know that I can afford 2 big parties within weeks of each other! :/

Thanks in advance! :)
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:47 PM
I don't have this problem, but my friend does. She has her kids combine for parties, but they still do something special on each kids birthday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TianaH808
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:04 AM
That's a great idea. I didn't think to do it that way.

Quoting beadingmom17: I don't have this problem, but my friend does. She has her kids combine for parties, but they still do something special on each kids birthday.
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:44 AM

You can combine the parties... Or have one party earlier than the birthday is.. then the next kids around their actual birthday :)  

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Hunter Xavier:--:EDD 7-12-14:-

baby development

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:55 AM
? Personally I'm not a fan of combining parties but if it makes the most sense for you then you do what you have to do. We have a few friends with kids who have birthdays within a couple weeks of each other. Because of age difference and gender differences they've always just done 2 smaller parties.

Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samsanders
by Samantha on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:25 AM
I wouldn't combine just because kids like to feel special on their birthday. Maybe just make them smaller parties? Totally up to you of course :) just my opinion. GL
lillucky8
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:49 AM
I would just maybe have a separate savings account that you put maybe $5-10 a week to and then when november comes around each year youll have enough to do both birthdays :) i did this method and have over $500 set aside for my bffs wedding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Well it's rare that bdays are on a weekend anyhow so we often schedule on weekends before / after their actual birthdays anyhow.   
You can plan for one to be early in November and one for late in November.    Thanksgiving Break might affect that later one, so the following weekend maybe.  
I would avoid combining unless they ask for that.

GL!  and congrats!   :-) 

Bump2b
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
My sister and I are 2 years and 7 days apart, mine being exactly a week before hers. Growing up we were happy to share parties but as we got older & obviously made a lot more friends we would split the parties from one weekend to the next. We never had outlandish parties only ever home parties but can't remember it ever feeling like it was a disadvantage. Don't stress too much, kids only know what they know. My nieces are twins and obviously share everything, especially parties and have never thought it any different to one of my child's singletons bday parties.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:14 AM
My sister and I shared birthday parties for 3-4 years until she decided she didn't want to have a party with a "baby" anymore. Her and I are 5 years and 1 day apart.

My two oldest kids are approx 2 weeks apart, but 9 years. We celebrated their first birthday together, then my ex and I got divorced and my ex got them both for their birthdays in another state, so don't know what he did then. They are both summer babies.
LoveMiLyfe
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:44 AM

Combine them! The children will feel special regardless. My daughter's birthday is combined, I have friends who combine their kids birthday, cousins whose birthdays are combined, also my sis & brother has always had a combined birthday parties. Even as adults they still love it. I've never seen a kid disappointed or feel any less. Maybe they would prefer separate when  they're older, but it's definitely not going to hurt while they're little children. As long as you treat them equally, they won't care. That's just from my experiences though, you do what you think is best for you and your household.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)