Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anterior Vs Posterior (PIOG)

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:19 AM
  • 24 Replies
My friend has had an anterior placenta during both pregnancies & had ended up having her babies in the posterior position. This got me thinking as to whether there was a correlation & did a little google research. From what I have read it can contribute to having a baby in the posterior position. (My placenta is also anterior)

The thought of having a posterior baby scares me a little as I've heard its a lot more painful (both previous bubs were anterior).

Can anyone share their experiences of a posterior birth & whether their placenta may have been a contributing factor?
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Not myself, but am familiar with them causing more "trouble."    But fortunately, there are some things to help make it easier and more comfy, worth investigating.

Bump2b
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Might look into tips for birthing a posterior baby "just in case". I just have a funny feeling (not sure if it's instinct) this little one isn't going to be as easy as my other two. Fingers crossed I'm wrong!

Quoting doulala:

Not myself, but am familiar with them causing more "trouble."    But fortunately, there are some things to help make it easier and more comfy, worth investigating.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Yah, good luck!   ;-)
And here is something for your research:   
Posterior Positioned baby & "back labor"

Quoting Bump2b: Might look into tips for birthing a posterior baby "just in case". I just have a funny feeling (not sure if it's instinct) this little one isn't going to be as easy as my other two. Fingers crossed I'm wrong!
Quoting doulala:

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Interesting. I have an anterior placenta for the first time and my OB has not mentioned any potential for delivery issues. I'll have to ask at my next appt in 2 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:06 AM

I had an anterior placenta with my first. Baby was in great position though, and I had a great drug-free birth.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM

My first two were sunny side up and my last was not. Other then I pushed a few mins more then I did with my third and had back labor with both. That was the only difference.

beethann
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Well this is scary!
Seximama23
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Both my children were posterior. ..with my first my placenta almost covered my cervix with my second I believe my placenta was anterior. Back labor stinks lol
zandizane
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Yes, I've had 5 anterior placentas and 4 posterior births so far. Expecting this baby to be sunny side up as well :/
mommy74146
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM
All I know about anterior placentas is that if baby is breech then they won't attempt to manipulate her into the cephalic presentation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN