Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who's gotten pregnant while breastfeeding?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:06 AM
  • 4 Replies
If yes, were you ebfing or how often, etc? Every month I've had a single spot episode I ebf is this a period? I'm in the middle of changing insurance so I can see an OB. Please tell me your own experience :) thanks in advance!
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mychinababy
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:16 AM
I was ebf and I usually don't get a period until a year or so after my baby is born. This past time I ended up pregnant when my son was only 10 months old. I must have ovulated and not known it because I never had a period. I'm not sure about what you are experiencing. Have you thought about buying those ovulation tests and checking?
Ilovemybbgrl
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:24 AM
That's a good idea. We use protection I'm just curious. My son eats AT LEAST every three hours & still eats a couple of times a night. Every month it's like ONE episode of spotting and gone as soon as I wipe & it's done. One day, one time. It's so strange!

Quoting mychinababy: I was ebf and I usually don't get a period until a year or so after my baby is born. This past time I ended up pregnant when my son was only 10 months old. I must have ovulated and not known it because I never had a period. I'm not sure about what you are experiencing. Have you thought about buying those ovulation tests and checking?
markswife03
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, twice. I got pregnant with my third when my second was 14 months and nursing. My third was 13 months and nursing when I got pregnant with this one, which is due any day now.

Of course, when you're nursing a toddler, you can't expect much protection.
HazelBug
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:31 AM
I was still breastfeeding when I got pregnant. But I was trying to get pregnant. I was reducing the nursings and trying to get a gap of at least 6 hours to jump start my fertility. I had 1 period and had my son down to 2 nursings in 24 hours when I finally got pregnat. He was about 14.5 months and we weaned completely at 15 months.

I nursed on demand for over a year. I didn't use any birth control. I did chart just to try and see what my body was doing. But not to try to prevent. I didn't have a period untill I was just over 13 months and was trying to get my fertility to return. It would probably have taken longer to return if I had not been trying for it. It doesn't look like I ovulated before my first cycle. And as a side note, it was the lightest easiest cycle I've ever had in my life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)