Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI-Really worried, need input *Update*

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:42 AM
  • 7 Replies
I'm 7w3d and things have been going well. I haven't had my first appt yet, I've had on and off cramping, some nausea, heartburn and constipation. My breasts have been full but not really sore and I've been very hungry every day.

My cm has been white, kind of watery, increasing amounts over the last couple weeks. Starting yesterday it has been a light yellow, then some sticky/stretchy yellow/tan/brown discharge when I wipe. It's happened 3 times since yesterday. Not alot but enough to worry me. Dh and I did have sex Sunday night, a particularly long and vigorous session but there was no bleeding that I saw.
I didn't have this with my dd and of course I'm freaking out. On top of which my dh just started a new job and we won't have health insurance again until June (great timing I know!).
I'm having some mild cramps but they're just uncomfortable.

Should I go to the ER?

*update 3/13 Went to a free clinic and had an ultrasound done. Everything is fine, baby looks great and the discharge has stopped. Ladies I think you nailed it, had to have been the sex! I think we need to be more careful next time!
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
EninJenniLouis
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM
If it's just a little brown spotting, I wouldn't worry. Spotting after sex is common in the first trimester. I'm one day ahead of you! This is #4 and I've had spotting every pregnancy.
Mommy_Mae1326
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I'm 34 weeks. This is my 3rd pregnancy. Its all quite normal. The farther along you go the more discharge you will have. I get uncomfortable cramps after some good sex, but sex naturally makes your uterus contract. Nothing to worry about though. As long as you can't time your cramps you're alright. You're early yet too, so likely the sex is just causing some mild irritation. If there's no serious blood, like clots and stuff, then you're fine. Just relax on the sofa for a bit watch a movie and maybe put a warm compress on your belly. Not to hot though. I usually use my heating blanket for about a half hour. Or drink some hot cocoa. If you're still cramping by time tomorrow comes, I'd probably go in just to get checked out
wildcatmom29
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Even though it's a different consistency and didn't start till Tuesday? I really didn't have sex much when I was pg with my daughter so I have no comparison.
Dh and I have done it quite a few times since finding out, this is the first time this has happened. I know I'm getting all paranoid and feeling like the cramping is getting worse but I think it's mostly in my head.

Quoting EninJenniLouis: If it's just a little brown spotting, I wouldn't worry. Spotting after sex is common in the first trimester. I'm one day ahead of you! This is #4 and I've had spotting every pregnancy.
EninJenniLouis
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Because it's brown and mixing with your regular secretions, the consistency is going to be different from fresh blood. Even light pink streaks are normal. If you get worse, I'd go in, but for now, just relax.

Quoting wildcatmom29: Even though it's a different consistency and didn't start till Tuesday? I really didn't have sex much when I was pg with my daughter so I have no comparison.
Dh and I have done it quite a few times since finding out, this is the first time this has happened. I know I'm getting all paranoid and feeling like the cramping is getting worse but I think it's mostly in my head.

Quoting EninJenniLouis: If it's just a little brown spotting, I wouldn't worry. Spotting after sex is common in the first trimester. I'm one day ahead of you! This is #4 and I've had spotting every pregnancy.
smorgan865
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Yep, I agree. Brown is old blood (even more apparent that it's from the weekend). I always experience a gross amount if extra discharge in the first trimester so it's probably just getting "flushed" through your system and carried out.

Bright red blood would be alarming. You sound like you are experiencing very very normal symptoms! Congrats!

Quoting EninJenniLouis: Because it's brown and mixing with your regular secretions, the consistency is going to be different from fresh blood. Even light pink streaks are normal. If you get worse, I'd go in, but for now, just relax.

Quoting wildcatmom29: Even though it's a different consistency and didn't start till Tuesday? I really didn't have sex much when I was pg with my daughter so I have no comparison.

CutieCrab
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Seems normal to me.

lillucky8
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:32 PM

it all sounds okay to me, but maybe the change in discharge is a sign of a yeast infection? i always had issues after sex while pregnant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)