Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

placenta encapsulation

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM
  • 7 Replies
I really want to get my placenta encapsulated after this baby. I have a history of heavy bleeding with my other two, PPD, and etc so i really want to do this. Dh is appalled and won't really even discuss it lol. I found someone a couple hours away that does this but how do you get it to them? Will the hospital just give it to you or what?
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrs.Smith080808
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM

One of my gfs had it done, I am not sure how she got it to the lady, but her pills were made before she left the hospital.  You should be able to contact the person who does it and they would be able to tell you the process.  I rememeber my gf saying the placenta had to be inspected to make sure it was healthy etc to use.  I am not sure if the hospital would do that or the person that makes the capsuls though.

lillucky8
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:35 PM

im not sure, but here's a bump for someone who may have more info, maybe doulala or panda?!?

staciexo
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Do it yourself! Its easy!

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Call L&D and see what is needed to release it to you. Some dislike to release it. Many are very willing to.

It's very easy to do yourself. If you want to hire someone, many doulas/midwives can point you who to contact. You can also search placenta encapsulation and your area.

The cost depends on your area. I charge $150 + $50 for every 50 miles beyond my area. Some PES charge more. They usually pick it up from you, or someone can meet her/him to drop it off. Some will even do it in your home.
addiesmommy1109
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:54 PM
I'm kind of afraid to do it myself lol! The thought of it is just strange! I'm not a big meat Eater either! But maybe I'll research it!

Quoting kcangel63: Call L&D and see what is needed to release it to you. Some dislike to release it. Many are very willing to.

It's very easy to do yourself. If you want to hire someone, many doulas/midwives can point you who to contact. You can also search placenta encapsulation and your area.

The cost depends on your area. I charge $150 + $50 for every 50 miles beyond my area. Some PES charge more. They usually pick it up from you, or someone can meet her/him to drop it off. Some will even do it in your home.
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM
It's easy to do yourself but every hospital is different you need to speak to your dr because mine said I would need a written approval from a psychiatrist because its a biohazard item.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM
I agree, check with your hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)