Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I call the Dr?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm 35w and lately I've been having more Braxton Hicks than a few weeks ago. Last week we found out that there is too much fluid around baby. I was doing some research about it and read tht it can cause Braxton Hicks. I will them simply getting in and out of my car. :/ When I rest they stop though. But my question is.....Is there a point that I should call my Dr even though they are only Braxton Hicks?

*^*Carolyn*^* 

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:46 PM

i am 32w and have been having TONS of BH over the last few weeks.  i get them all day long and they are getting stronger but are not regular.  you only need to be checked out if they are painful and/or start following a regular labor pattern.  if they stop when you rest then there is nothing to be worried about.  your doc will probably do a cervix check at your next appt and you'll see if you are dilating.

GL!

Carolynishappy
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Well their not painful and follow no sort of pattern at all. Monday I had a lot then yesterday barely any at all. Like right now I'm settled at my desk and they are starting to slow down and go away. My c-section is in 2 or 3 weeks. :)  

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

i am 32w and have been having TONS of BH over the last few weeks.  i get them all day long and they are getting stronger but are not regular.  you only need to be checked out if they are painful and/or start following a regular labor pattern.  if they stop when you rest then there is nothing to be worried about.  your doc will probably do a cervix check at your next appt and you'll see if you are dilating.

GL!

*^*Carolyn*^* 

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM

staying hydrated also helps calm them down.  i'm terrible at drinking water which contributes to mine :)  you are just at that point but they aren't anything to worry about.

Quoting Carolynishappy:

Well their not painful and follow no sort of pattern at all. Monday I had a lot then yesterday barely any at all. Like right now I'm settled at my desk and they are starting to slow down and go away. My c-section is in 2 or 3 weeks. :)  

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

GL!

Carolynishappy
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM

I normally drink plenty of water. But there are times that I jsut get busy and forget to drink. When I notice I'm having them I will stop and drink some water and they normally slow down. I have an appt on Friday but since I have too much fluid I'm having to have growth scans every week and also NSTs every week. They will see if I'm having contractions. I'm hoping the decide to do my c-section at 37 weeks. I'm so uncomfortable with the back and hip pain. Also I feel like my stoamch is going to rip open. I think that's from the excessive fliud. :(

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

staying hydrated also helps calm them down.  i'm terrible at drinking water which contributes to mine :)  you are just at that point but they aren't anything to worry about.

Quoting Carolynishappy:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

GL!

*^*Carolyn*^* 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)