Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unsure of due date! ugh...

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM
  • 5 Replies
A little history.... I had very low thyroid hormone at the beginning of this pregnancy and didn't know until close to 9wks. I had my first ultrasound at 6wks and they put my due date as May 5th. Well now I'm 32wks and have been measuring 3 weeks ahead consistently since 23wks. My doctors (several in the practice) are now unsure if I'm due April 21st or May 5th because low thyroid can cause slow fetal growth. It's very frustrating to not know!
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Seximama23
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I measured a week ahead my last pregnancy up until 36 weeks and then my fundal height stopped growing. My son was 5 lbs 15 oz 19 ins at 40+6 weeks
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM

ultrasounds done very early on are very accurate so i would trust your due date.  unless they are planning to do a csection or induce you, the baby will come when it comes.  plan on the 5th and if you meet your LO early then great!

zandizane
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM
I understand that under normal circumstances but with my levels as low as they were it could've been wrong. At least that's what the doctor is saying. Normally I wouldn't worry too much but I have an incompetent cervix that is shortening more every week and I'd like to kinda have an idea of gestational age if I go into labor

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

ultrasounds done very early on are very accurate so i would trust your due date.  unless they are planning to do a csection or induce you, the baby will come when it comes.  plan on the 5th and if you meet your LO early then great!

Heather2001
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Hm.  Well unless they start pushing for induction, I'd just keep the May 5th date.  Those first ultrasounds are much more accurate than later growth estimates.

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

i understand the curiosity.  i guess, if it were me, i look at it like this:  you are either 32-35w which is great.  IF you go into labor, you go into labor and will just deal with what comes.  I'm 32w as well and at risk for pre-term delivery and my doc isn't concerned at all at this point.  she would LIKE me to make it to 37w but hasn't made any big deal about me going earlier.  again, that's just my take on it though.  hopefully the baby stays put for another 3-4w and then you really can feel comfortable.  GL!!!

Quoting zandizane: I understand that under normal circumstances but with my levels as low as they were it could've been wrong. At least that's what the doctor is saying. Normally I wouldn't worry too much but I have an incompetent cervix that is shortening more every week and I'd like to kinda have an idea of gestational age if I go into labor
Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)