Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent Baby shower mess

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM
  • 18 Replies
My mom decided to throw me a baby shower (bless her heart), since no one else wanted to throw me one. Anyway, she said my aunt will also plan with her (fine with me). Then aunt got MRSA so mom said nvm she will do it herself. The shower will be held at a pizza place and I have no problem helping my mom pay since she doesn't have much money. So I try to keep the list small. I got a call from my aunt today confirming the time and date and said I hope you don't mind I invited some of our co workers (I work with aunt). I said I do mind I only wanted to invite one coworker, which is my friend. Anyway my friend does not get along with those coworkers. I don't know how many others my aunt invited. One I try to keep my list small and two she's inviting people that I don't even want there. I called my mom and she was siding with my aunt. And told me just let her do what she wants, Well if that's the case she better help with paying with the pizza or dessert for more people she invited. I'm so pissed at my family
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:23 PM

that's tough and i would be annoyed as well.  i cannot imagine people taking the liberty to invite guests to MY shower!  since she had the balls to invite them, i would definitely make sure she's planning to help pay the bill.  i'm sorry they put you in that position.

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:13 PM

I'm sorry...

My MIL is throwing us a shower on the 22nd.. I told her to invite whoever she wants since most of my friends are out of state anyways lol. 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Hunter Xavier:--:EDD 7-12-14:-

baby development

Heather2001
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Sorry  =(

nessa20mommy2
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:40 PM
A positive is more gifts? Lol...
Krizzle01
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM
It is very annoying. For my wedding she tried to talk me into inviting coworkers which I told her hell no, I'm not friends with a lot of people at work and let's leave it that way. I am not fake like her. If I don't like you at work, I won't like you outside of it.

This is my shower this time so I should invite anyone I want to and you don't make that decision for me lol I talked to my mom and made sure dear auntie would fork over some cash for inviting more people :)

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

that's tough and i would be annoyed as well.  i cannot imagine people taking the liberty to invite guests to MY shower!  since she had the balls to invite them, i would definitely make sure she's planning to help pay the bill.  i'm sorry they put you in that position.

Krizzle01
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:38 PM
And that's totally ok with me. She invited people without telling me

Quoting iHEAVENn:

I'm sorry...

My MIL is throwing us a shower on the 22nd.. I told her to invite whoever she wants since most of my friends are out of state anyways lol. 

Krizzle01
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Yes that is a positive side outside of this mess

Quoting nessa20mommy2: A positive is more gifts? Lol...
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM

:( 

I have no idea who all MIL invited lol. It's honestly at this point just going to be nice to have a distraction for a day. 

Quoting Krizzle01: And that's totally ok with me. She invited people without telling me
Quoting iHEAVENn:

I'm sorry...

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Hunter Xavier:--:EDD 7-12-14:-

baby development

Krizzle01
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Thank you :)
it is what it is ill just make the most of it and have a lot of pizza lol

Quoting Heather2001:

Sorry  =(

Krizzle01
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Distractions are good :) enjoy your shower :)

Quoting iHEAVENn:

:( 

I have no idea who all MIL invited lol. It's honestly at this point just going to be nice to have a distraction for a day. 

Quoting Krizzle01: And that's totally ok with me. She invited people without telling me

Quoting iHEAVENn:

I'm sorry...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)