Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stopping Birth Control

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

I havent really been on here since I had my son In 2012, I swear there is never enough time. How long after stopping birth control , were you and your significant other able to concieve?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mantidae
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

My first pregnancy (DS is now 3), was counted from the day I went off BC (I got my copper IUD out on the first day of my period, and found out I was pregnant about 6 weeks later.

I recently found out I am pregnant again.  I had a positive pregnancy test 21 days after getting my copper IUD out.

I'm a tree-hugging, breastfeeding, non-circing, vaxing, co-sleeping/bed-sharing, ethical eating, nearly vegan, home-birthing, Pagan, Unitarian Universalist, pro-choice, cloth diapering, Scorpio, feminist, half-Canadian, animal activist mommy to one clever little girl (11), the cutest little boy ever born (3), two mischevious rescue mutts (fixed), and an attention starved rescue kitty (also fixed).  Married to my own personal MacGyver.

Marine. Lawyer. Mommy. Wife. 
Making Sustainability Work in Busy, Everyday Life.
Urban Earthworm

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
It took me three years to get my period back after Depo-Provera. After that I got pregnant almost immediately.
nolongermstkn
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM
2 months later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EninJenniLouis
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:48 PM
6 months after Nuva Ring. Immediately after the pill. 18 months after depo. I didn't use them in that order though.
lmp09
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Thanks everyone We stopped the birth control last week. And my periods have been crazy so not sure when I was going to ovulate. (periods trying to figure when they are going to appear since losing tons of weight) and I ended up Ovulating the same as I always do and we were able to bd the day off. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:53 PM
We chose to wait at least 4 cycles so I could get my cycles regulated and hormones out of my system. My cycles regulated right away but we still just waited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:55 PM
For DD2 (I had been on the pil for almost 6yrs)nit took 2 months; for DS (I had been on the pill for 11mos) it took 1 month; with DD4 ( had been on the pill for 3yrs) it took me accidentally missing like 3 pils and my DH forgetting ONE time.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:37 PM

getting off the depo it took about 2 yrs.

toopicky429
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:39 PM
My two children were conceived the first cycle off birth control pills, but we have been trying for our third for over 4 years.
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
9 months after 3 years of Mirena and the first month after getting off the pill...twice that's happened with the pill.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)