Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stay at home or not

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:58 PM
  • 15 Replies

what is the opinions of staying at home vs working the first year of a childs life.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashcf06
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:02 PM
I would've love to if I was able with my son. I stayed home 12 weeks and loved every minute of it.
lovebugs_mom906
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:06 PM
If you can afford to do it, and want to - staying home is an opportunity to jump on. I went back to work 3 months after my first was born, and it was hard being away. I became a SAHM with my second, and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Krizzle01
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:22 PM
If we could afford it, I totally would. I'm planning on taking 3 months off after our baby is born and then I would work part time from then on.
norwgnwood
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM
I'd be a sahm if I could. I was for my son until he was 3.5 but I had to start working when my daughter was 11 weeks old. I feel like she and I have a completely different relationship. Sometimes I feel like I don't know her at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren.m
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM
I went back to work within 6 weeks of having my first and 2 weeks after I had my second (ex lost his job). With my 3rd and 4th (twins) I became a sahm. I will remain a sahm as long as we are able to afford it.
Sister_Someone
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:30 PM

I would never. I could be richer than Bill Gates, and I'd still choose to work. Staying at home is NOT for me.

Alluring
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:40 PM
I don't work and cannot drive so nothing will change once it is here.
Tenderheart3
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:38 PM

I have always stayed home with my children.  If you have the option to stay home, then I suggest staying home.  If not, you will miss those mild stones and the opportunity to bond with your child.  Being a stay at home mom is the best job in the world.  

doulala
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Generally, as long as a child is home (for those years), I believe it's best to stay with him/her.   It's good for mother *and* baby.   :-)
 Next best thing is dad/other family, then a consistant nanny at home.   

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I have the best of both worlds - I work pt and can take my kids with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)