Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

So... gender ultrasound...*update*

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have  place here that swears it can tell you the sex at 14 weeks so I made an apt for tomorrow. I know someone that went to this same place at 16 weeks and she got it wrong (she said boy when baby was a girl). So now I'm questioning if I should even try. Does anyone know how accurate a 14 weeks scan is for gender? I don't want to waste my $70.00.

*Update*

So I cancelled my gender scan today. After the lady got it wrong with that person I know, I decided I'll by the baby something for the $70 I was going to use for the u/s and wait till 20 weeks  And honestly, I am okay with this decision.After 4 boys, to say I am impatient to find out this baby's gender is an understatment lol! But not worth throwing away $70.

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovleopards
by Elyssia on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM
I've heard that they can't really tell an accurate gender till 16 weeks
sarahtbkh
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Yeah, I'm really questioning it now. I think I will wait. 

Quoting lovleopards: I've heard that they can't really tell an accurate gender till 16 weeks

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:09 PM
I would wait.
Brandibee_5
by 7/30/14 on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:11 PM
I would wait
lauren.m
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:11 PM
I would wait for sure and save my money.
Freckles85
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:12 PM
With my twins I was told at 13 & 14 weeks they were girls. That was from my high risk doctor.
AustinsMommy007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:16 PM
I found out at 14 weeks with dd and I'll be finding out at 14 weeks with this baby. However the place that I am going to says that if they can't tell 100% they have you come back for a re check at a later time
Chaos1229
by Tasha on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:18 PM
I would wait
sarahtbkh
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:27 PM

She checks again for free at 18-20 weeks but so does my Dr lol!!

Quoting AustinsMommy007: I found out at 14 weeks with dd and I'll be finding out at 14 weeks with this baby. However the place that I am going to says that if they can't tell 100% they have you come back for a re check at a later time

NanceeBotwin
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:32 PM

idk, in the U.K. they have some contraption that tells the sex at like 3 months. Either its space age or super old xray lol but if you read the British boards on here, you learn about it more. I still am too lazy to google it lol. Do what you want, but if you have hesitatio, then treat it like a psycic reading lol and take it w a grain of salt 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN