Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Did this affect you?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:43 PM
  • 18 Replies

Earlier today I had to use the restroom but I didn't have a restroom to use. I started having what I thought was mild back labor pains. They were more than just uncomfortable, but very bearable. I'm 36 1/2 weeks so I still have a few weeks to go. I'm just curious if anyone else has had contractions or back labor due to a very full bladder?? Or could it have been from riding in a vehicle for so long?

EDIT: Thank you ladies for all your replies. Today was far better since I used the bathroom as needed. Now just 3 short weeks and I can pee normally again!!! yay

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren.m
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:46 PM
I get contractions if I hold it too long.
Kristothatina
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Ok. I thought that was what caused it. Kinds feel dumb now.

Quoting lauren.m: I get contractions if I hold it too long.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:52 PM

If I held it too long. I would get contractions.

lauren.m
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:59 PM
No reason to feel dumb. If you don't ask how are you going to know :)

Quoting Kristothatina: Ok. I thought that was what caused it. Kinds feel dumb now.

Kristothatina
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:04 PM
True. Thank you for that. I've never been one to call the dr to ask them. I either ask other mamas or wait til my next appt. lol I know now no more holding it!

Quoting lauren.m: No reason to feel dumb. If you don't ask how are you going to know :)

Quoting Kristothatina: Ok. I thought that was what caused it. Kinds feel dumb now.

sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I do and I'm only 20 weeks. They will wake me up from a dead sleep and I I run to he bathroom lol
Kristothatina
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:11 PM
At night time I haven't had any trouble. I gotta go...I get up and go. About 6 times a night right now. Lol

Quoting sjenkins8208: I do and I'm only 20 weeks. They will wake me up from a dead sleep and I I run to he bathroom lol
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Haha I normally do that and it's exhausting ! But sometimes I'm just so dang tired I guess I sleep hard enough I don't notice... Until I get horrible back pain!

Quoting Kristothatina: At night time I haven't had any trouble. I gotta go...I get up and go. About 6 times a night right now. Lol

Quoting sjenkins8208: I do and I'm only 20 weeks. They will wake me up from a dead sleep and I I run to he bathroom lol
Kristothatina
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Yeah I think the most uninterrupted sleep I get is about 2 hours. Just another way Mother Nature preps for you a new baby!

Quoting sjenkins8208: Haha I normally do that and it's exhausting ! But sometimes I'm just so dang tired I guess I sleep hard enough I don't notice... Until I get horrible back pain!

Quoting Kristothatina: At night time I haven't had any trouble. I gotta go...I get up and go. About 6 times a night right now. Lol

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:17 PM

my braxton hicks kick up when my bladder is full but nothing in my back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN