Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

DH's reaction?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:21 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm 37.4 weeks pregnant. While DH has always been happy and excited, he's had a major change this last week.

He's suddenly very affectionate towards me and my belly. I think he's rubbed my belly more this past week than he has the entire time I've been pregnant. He's suddenly concerned about my amount of activity (I work two jobs) and is insisting that I take a break. He also very concerned about projects around the house and is rushing around to do some major work.

How has your DH/SO reacted to your pregnancy? When did it 'hit' him? Has he had a big change in his attitude towards the pregnancy?
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Not til pretty late with our 4 yr old but with this one it's hit a lot earlier. I'm high risk with this one so he's really concerned about activity
Magical_Mommy92
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM
I'm only 22 almost 23 weeks and he has been excited this whole time, & well here lately he is a little more affectionate and lovey dovey. I think it's just finally setting in he is having his very first baby, and that he is going to be a father for the first time. Seeing him with my 2 sons already I know he will do great but he is so scared that he will mess up some how. All I can do is support him and make him feel amazing about everything just like he does for me right?
Mrs.Smith080808
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I am about 14-15 weeks, and it hasn't happened yet....  One of my friends bfs said to her "A woman becomes a mother when she finds out she is pregnant.  A guy doesnt become a dad till he sees his baby"

LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
SO was amazing from the very second we found out that we were gonna have a baby.
He would always make sure I was resting and when I started showing, he would rub my belly, rest his head on my belly and talk to our daughter.

Now our Madeline is 4 months old and he's still the same way.
He's a natural at this daddy thing.
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM
When I was HUGELY pregnant with our first he was concerned lol. It was like finally seeing the giant belly and feeling baby kick made it real for him. We've had two losses since and he's like a freaking grandma babying me now. Since we found out it's " watch the ice , prop your feet, take a nap" I think it's sweet but he's getting sort of nuts about it. I'm not sitting in a bubble for nine months to make him feel better lol
samsanders
by Samantha on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
It really hit my DH when he felt our sons first big kick. He actually cried a little. Now Porter is here and DH is in love with him!
rachellaree20
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:03 AM

At first my fiance was not happy about the pregnancy.  He's excited now but it was unexpected so in the beginning he wasn't very nice about it.

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Sounds like someone is ready to meet his baby. :)

my DH was sweet, but he worked to much through both of my pregnancies to really show a lot of affection. 

I know that sounds silly, but it's true. He was working 80+ a week during my DDs pregnancy so sleep was a main priority to him, but he did take off for all my OB appts. During my DSs pregnancy the stress of a lower paying job on top of the hours and everything else in our live real closed him off. His days off were spent enjoying our family, but the week was nothing but stresses. He did make it to all but one appt though. 

Oh, and his reaction was basically the same with both. He was flipping about money, but very happy. It really hit him the first time both of our kids kicked him, so around 20-24wks. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:15 AM

He's been happy, excited and affectionate this whole time but nothing major yet, I'm only 14 weeks 5 days 

wiccanlove92
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:20 AM
I'm 35 + 4 and it's just been this psst week or so that things have really hit hubby. He is now super concerned about my activity level and every time I say ouch he looks like he's gonna have a panic attack. Hes actually been urging me to quit my job and stay home full time to relax.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)