Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Does anyone have a clue what this means?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok so I'll be 37 weeks pregnant tomorrow and when I was checked this past Monday at the doctor I was 3 cm dilated adn 80% effaced. I've had braxton hicks contractions on & off since about 20 something weeks but they're not painful.

My mother & I went to several different stores last night and I probably did WAY to much walking. By the time we got home my whole abdomen was tight and hurting, my back and feet also ached soo bad! Well after about 1 hour of being out I had to keep stoppng because I kept feeling actual sharp jolts and pain very low down and I could feel the baby like thumping and making sharp type kicks/movements way down low to the point where it almost felt like he could fall out. After I got home last night and laid down & put my feet up, I felt a weird type movement that I haven't felt yet. I could feel him moving/kicking but I felt what was probably his head or arm EXTREMELY down low, when he moved for a second it felt as if it literally was in my actual vagina and not even the lower stomach, it was that low.

My question is what could this mean? Could I possibly be even more dilated now? I don't go back to my doctor until Tuesday but afraid I could not even make it through the weekend. I'm not in any pain at this moment but my abdomen still feels a little tight. 

by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Go get checked out. You could be in labor
toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:49 AM
This, good luck!

Quoting evilangel198431: Go get checked out. You could be in labor
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Anything is possible.    You could be more dilated but still another month of pregnancy.      You can always check yourself if you feel like it's important to know.    It does sound like you could have been doing too much, maybe you're dehydrated, too.     Be sure to take it easy & take care of yourself today!

The more pregnancies we have the earlier & bigger we can feel things (warming up, practicing...).

GL!

samsanders
by Samantha on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
That happened to me a week before I went into labor. I just overdid it and was dehydrated. And I think what you're feeling is called crotch lightening. You can look it up and see if that's what it is. I had it a lot my last few weeks of being pregnant. You can always call your doctor/midwife to be safe. But I don't think you need to worry much. Being dilated unfortunately means jack squat. But good luck!
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:12 PM

It is normal to have feelings like that. You could be more dilated. But you are just feeling his movements lower in your uterus. Just take it easy, take a warm bath, and be careful not to overdo so you don't make yourself miserable. 

awesomemommy2
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Some refer to that as the baby dropping. I have three and it only happened with one.
decemberLee13
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
When my DDR said I was 3 centimeters I had my dd 18 hrs later.

A few days before I had her she was so low that when I checked myself with my fingers...she was so low I felt her turn her head inside of me with my fingers...she was about 2-3 inches from my opening...

I'm sure u will be meeting ur new baby very soon... maybe sooner then u think... be sure to have ur bags ready! good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)