Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How did you know that your labor started?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:05 AM
  • 41 Replies

I'm full term today and woke up kinda crampy. No discharge but a distinct feeling of a period coming on.  Having never gone in to labor naturally, I'm curious to hear your stories of how you knew it was "on":) Maybe these are braxton-hicks? Never had those either. Thanks ladies!

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM
My only sign was that my contrax got noticeable enough to sit and time them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:28 AM

1st my water broke first and then ten minutes later contractions started.

2nd I woke up to contractions and they got stronger and closer together.

3nd I had labor to start five times and then to stop. But when it was time. I woke up to a very strong contraction and they got stronger and close together very fast.

Twix.Leigh
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:29 AM
With my first, I didn't know for an hour, then I realized I was in pain and has been for an hour.
My second, I started cramping at like 2am, it got steady worse until 9am when we went to the hospital (called midwife first at 7).
This time, well I guess we'll see Lol. It sure feels like baby is ready, though I'm not technically due for 6 days. Lots of braxton hicks this time though. I'll be glad when it's done Lol
KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't know physically. I knew psychologically. I woke up, immediately drove to my hospital's L&D floor and calmly stated "I am done being pregnant and am not leaving this hospital without my baby in my arms." They checked me in and it turned out I had started dialating. 18 hours laters I had my baby girl :)

ELKmountain.mom
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1st water broke
2nd induced for low movement
3rd woke up with bloody show and contractions started 2 hours later
ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:52 AM

when i couldn't walk and i was puking and pooping everything out. 

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Quoting KREX0914:

I didn't know physically. I knew psychologically. I woke up, immediately drove to my hospital's L&D floor and calmly stated "I am done being pregnant and am not leaving this hospital without my baby in my arms." They checked me in and it turned out I had started dialating. 18 hours laters I had my baby girl :)

i wish my l&d did that to me. 

i was done at 27 weeks, because i was mentally having a break down, and wasn't able to properly take care of myself or my daughter. 

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM
My water broke...but i could only sort of feel contractions every 3-4 hours before and after that
lovleopards
by Elyssia on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:56 AM
With my first I woke up with intense back pain , tried taking a hot shower when that didn't help I went in (my contractions were 2 min apart)
KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Well I was 39 weeks+ and my OB happened to be the doctor on call at the time, so I probably just lucked out.

Quoting ABCMomma0211:

Quoting KREX0914:

i wish my l&d did that to me. 

i was done at 27 weeks, because i was mentally having a break down, and wasn't able to properly take care of myself or my daughter. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)