Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I Crave: Laundry Detergent

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have weird cravings that you know are bad for you but just sound so delicious?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

I have pica. I (seriously, honest to God) have an overwhelming urge to eat granulated laundry detergent. The kind that feels like sand and has blue and white speckles, you know?  It smells so delicious. I love the feel of it on my hands. I want to roll around in it. I can only imagine it would be satisfying to eat. I can't stop thinking about it. We have had to switch to liquid soap so I don't get any funny ideas ...

Of course, I have never eaten it. I've settled for gnoshing on crushed ice and sniffing "Cotton Fresh" scented air fresheners. When the ice is chewed up it has what I assume to be a similiar texture to chewing on the laundry soap. So I spend all day and night, every day and night, chomping on ice chips.

Anyone else have weird cravings that you know are bad for you but just sound so delicious?

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staci1103
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Nope just edible things

jesi817
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I always find this so interesting. I only crave fruit at the moment.
MrsSexyCurtains
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Just Girl Scout cookies lol those can be very bad for you! ;)
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:41 AM
People who crave deterent ae lacking Protease, hich assists in the breaking down and digestion of
protein. Also ice chips have an iron deficiency.you should talk to your doctor ASAP
Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:43 AM

no, and I've heard of pica and know you can't help the cravings but yuck! lol

KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I have talked to my doctor. I'm not sure what Protease is, but he told me that I'm not iron defecient. This same thing happened with my last pregnancy too. Always laundry detergent.

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5: People who crave deterent ae lacking Protease, hich assists in the breaking down and digestion of protein. Also ice chips have an iron deficiency.you should talk to your doctor ASAP

ThisLife16309
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:20 AM

yuck but its PICA for you I am glad I do not deal with it. I crave pizza i would eat it day and night if i was allowed

KME3
by Kristin on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM
I only craved edible things. .. With my first pregnancy my doctor asked if I was craving dirt. ..I was like. . What? Lol. I forgot what it means but I was not craving dirt.
zandizane
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:06 PM
I crave ice but it's because I'm anemic.
joywalz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:54 PM
I have been eating as much Ice as I could...according to the docs my iron levels are fine so that's good
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN