Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

in hospital 21 weeks pregnant 2 cm dilated AND leaking amniotic fluid now :(

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:42 PM
  • 43 Replies
I feel like this is the end of the world.. I'm sick of laying in this hospital bed and this am I was woken up to a gushing feeling. Nurse came in and did the swab sure enough it was amniotic fluid.. Seemed like a whole lot. Havent had much leaking since and no contractions. Anyone experienced preterm labor? And what were the outcomes? Good or bad. Btw I'm carrying twins.
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sierra5625
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Not sure, but heres a bump!
lauren.m
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM
3 moms liked this
I've never had my water break that early I just wanted to send some hugs and prayers your way.
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:41 PM

I haven't... best wishes hun! 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Hunter Xavier:--:EDD 7-12-14:-

baby development

babie113
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM
you are in my thoughts hun
Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:48 PM

good luck!

SnapShotMama
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:55 PM
I went into labor with my last at 20wks, but didnt leak any fluid. They gave me shots to stop the contractions and a shot to mature his lungs faster and the most I could do was lay on the couch for weeks. I ended up induced at 37wks because of IUGR and his heart rate was jumping to much. Turned out he has a rare genetic condition that can cause preterm labor. Hugs mama. I hope baby stays put for at least 3 more weeks. 24 weeks is a big milestone. Hugs mama!! Try not to stress, it can make it worse. Crazy as it sounds :/ just try to think positive
EninJenniLouis
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM
I've never been there. My sister had a leak though and they just kept an eye on her levels and watched for infection. Good luck to you!
SouthernSweetT
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Hugs mama. I'm 18wks with incompetent cervix so they are watching closely for signs of preterm labor here I had a preemie at 30 weeks and after a long NICU stay, she is now healthy. Hugs and prayers your way.
PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Yikes, I know a girl from school who had her baby at 26 weeks and she's home now after a long stay in the nicu and doing well.
Hopefully all goes well. I'm sure being in the hospital is no fun! Hopefully they can get it all under control for you. Hugs!
MrsM30
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I'm afraid your outlook isn't good. Anytime water breaks before 23 weeks, the pregnancy isn't likely to be viable. Yes, there are cases where  babies make it but they are rare. Fluid is a must for lung development and a critical milestone of lung development is 23 weeks. Have you found out whether it's one or both babies? I had PPROM with a singleton pregnancy at 28 weeks, lasted 2 weeks on bed rest then got the choreo infection, which is when they have to deliver. My condolences.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)