Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice Needed: When I got pregnant I was only 96 lb I...

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:00 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

When I got pregnant I was only 96 lb, I'm 4 months preg. now and only 101. Even with how small I am, I'm having excruciating back pain whenever I get up from sitting and sleeping. Is this something I should worry about and go to my doctor for? The pain is a solid 8 on a scale of 1-10. (1st baby) I've never had any back problems pre-pregnancy. Any good advice if this is normal please? I'm on the verge of pulling my spine out to ease the pain! =(

by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reddawn75
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Its probably the uterus or baby pressing on a nerve. I had that happen with my 1st son and in a few weeks he had shifted and it stopped!
katie314
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:11 AM
An exercise ball can help soo much! Good luck. Im in my first pregnancy but I think back pain is normal.. for me it's gotten worse the bigger I got
KekeLi938
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:15 AM
When I got pregnant with my oldest I weighed about the same. Around 6 months the pain in my back, etc became unbearable. I talked to my OB about it and they were talking about all the extra strain on my body from being pregnant.
elmisrat14
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Quoting Reddawn75: Its probably the uterus or baby pressing on a nerve. I had that happen with my 1st son and in a few weeks he had shifted and it stopped!

Was there anything you could do that helped a little bit? I've tried sleeping halfway sitting up, I tried stretching and cracking my back, rubbing icey-hot on the area. The only thing that seems to help for a little bit is to take a long hot shower, but I can't do that when I'm at school for 13 hours 2 days out of the week. (2 days makes a huge difference too). I don't care how rediculous i'll look or sound or anything, I'm beyond the point of self-conciousness lol

elmisrat14
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Quoting KekeLi938: When I got pregnant with my oldest I weighed about the same. Around 6 months the pain in my back, etc became unbearable. I talked to my OB about it and they were talking about all the extra strain on my body from being pregnant.

Did they give you any advice of what you could do that helped? I'm not even wanting to move anymore. (Which I need to for obvious reasons)

elmisrat14
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Quoting katie314: An exercise ball can help soo much! Good luck. Im in my first pregnancy but I think back pain is normal.. for me it's gotten worse the bigger I got

Thanks, I will definately try that. Works out too because I think my college gym has one I can use when I'm at school on long days. =)

KekeLi938
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
There wasn't much they said I could do. I would usually take a warm bath and it would help a little.

Quoting elmisrat14:

Quoting KekeLi938: When I got pregnant with my oldest I weighed about the same. Around 6 months the pain in my back, etc became unbearable. I talked to my OB about it and they were talking about all the extra strain on my body from being pregnant.

Did they give you any advice of what you could do that helped? I'm not even wanting to move anymore. (Which I need to for obvious reasons)

kajira
by Emma on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Cat stretches. Go on your hands and knees and arch your back like a cat. Hold for 15 seconds. rinse and repeat.

You can also do light yoga stretches that target your back and hips. This will help your back pain and I have chronic back and hip pain with out pregnancy and it's definitely worse during pregnancy for me due to the relaxin hormones making my bones grind on each other and relax too quickly.

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:57 AM
Have you tried sleeping elsewhere? I slept on the couch or lazy boy intermittently during my pregnancies. It helped.
dromani
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:01 AM
Always ask your doctor with any concerns. They welcome questions. Not sure if it's due to your size. Your tiny. I have back problems but your pain seems horrible. I would definitely ask about it and what you can do to ease the pain. The doc told me I can use a heating pad on the lowest setting for short amount of times. About 15 min. Acetaminophin is okay to take when preggo but ask your doc first. Only when you need it. Ask your doc about everything and anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN