Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ever gotten wisdom teeth out while pregnant?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:49 AM
  • 7 Replies
Oh my gosh, my jaw is killing me!
I got 2 wisdoms out this time last year and not the other 2 bc I wasn't having issues with them ever, and just saved the money... I've had issues daily with these two since I got this runny nose & am blowing my nose, I can feel the pressure in my jaw every time I blow, It hurts so bad.

Has anyone gotten teeth pulled while pregnant?? Can you take pain medication??

I know you get more dental issues with pregnancy so I'm sure there's a way, right?

I'm going to call the previous doctor I used and see if I can go in this week or next.
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sarahtbkh
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Yup! I've had 3 removed during pregnancy. I just had one removed when I was 5 weeks a long this time. You can take approved pain killers for pain, they just shouldn't ive you laughing gas or sedate you. Good luck! My teeth get F'd up during pregnancy, 

scs2014
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Yep!! I had one removed when I was around 7 months one time. I was really nervous thinking that I would be in more pain than a non-pregnant person (due to not being able to get pain meds) but that's not true. I was still prescribed pain medication and everything was good. Don't wait if you need to do it now. Get it done. My teeth have always had issues during pregnancy! Good Luck!

PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM
That was my though.. Thank goodness.

Quoting scs2014:

Yep!! I had one removed when I was around 7 months one time. I was really nervous thinking that I would be in more pain than a non-pregnant person (due to not being able to get pain meds) but that's not true. I was still prescribed pain medication and everything was good. Don't wait if you need to do it now. Get it done. My teeth have always had issues during pregnancy! Good Luck!

Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I wouldn't think they would do it since you are pregnant and undergo anesthesia...that doesn't seem safe

PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM
They didn't put me "under" last time, they just numbed me.

Quoting Larsbug:

I wouldn't think they would do it since you are pregnant and undergo anesthesia...that doesn't seem safe

Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM

lucky you! I was knocked out... so was everyone else I know that got it done...course that was 8 years ago, maybe they've changed it

Quoting PeppyInPink: They didn't put me "under" last time, they just numbed me.
Quoting Larsbug:

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Yes I had one pulled during this pregnancy. I became light headed and dizzy after it was done. They called my mom to come pick me up. They wouldnt let me drive. But this also happen once when I wasn't pregnant. I was given pain meds but didn't take to many.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)